Thursday, June 28, 2007

From the field to your heels

We've been on a pretty good pace harvesting the lavender, but now the rain has gotten us behind. We really need to get it all out of the field! Before all the rain clouds decided to camp out over us for a week, this is what we were able to harvest on Monday. Problem is, we need to be doing twice this much daily. I don't want to curse the rain, but it sure needs to go away and come back another day.

Hey y'all, how would you like a quick tutorial on lavender farming 101?

Okay, after harvesting the lavender, it either goes to the barn for drying or to the still for distilling. Here's a picture of the still.

Distilling the lavender is how we get our essential oil of lavender. It's a steam distillation process. Yes, the still looks like a whiskey still - and in fact, you can actually make whiskey using the same concept. But of course, we would NEVER do that!

From the oil, we develop quality products so that your hands and heels are as soft as a baby's behind. You know, we aim to please and we're real concerned about you having rough hands and feet.

There you have it! Hope you enjoyed your lesson for the day.

7 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Wow...both the field and the still are gorgeous!

Hugs!
Kat

Kilroy_60 said...

I will forever more have thoughts of your wonderful farm when I experience this glorious scent.

As it works out, lavender is a favorite of TheSpecialOne. So, I will likely think of your farm often. 8-)

A quick note, I will be including you in the next edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere. It is going to be published soon; much sooner than I expected.

Some people aren't so crazy about comments. If you choose to visit and write comments I will follow suit.

I had better let you go. I think I hear the telephone ringing up atop the pole.

Cheers!

kittyhox said...

Oh my gosh, those photos are gorgeous. I just want to frolick through them! I can almost smell the lavendar....

:)

Theresa said...

I would love to have one of those boxes full of lavendar to spread around my room!!! How pretty and what a beautiful fragrance!!!

Bridget said...

I love lavender. Thanks for the lesson on how it gets from you to me. I am trying to find a store locally that sells your products.
Also I would noy be adverse to a little lavender whiskey...

JacQ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JacQ said...

Dear Debi,

Just want to say thank you for meeting with us over the weekend and chat about working together.

I have finally worked on my blog and feel comfortable to post my blog to share with you.

jacq design blog station

I yet to work on a customized template for it. But this is a start~

Also, want to thank you for giving us a free sample of the lotion and the body wash. We LOVE IT! Jeremy keep asking to have more lotion put on him since he has pretty dry skin.

I can't wait to help promote your awesome product and get your name out there!

;)