Sunday, June 24, 2007

I am your wife, goodbye city life!

Thanks for all the helpful hints on more squash ideas. Who knew you could freeze squash? Thanks, Erlene.

Is it becoming obvious to y’all that I’m kind of struggling here? I DO have rural roots, that REALLY is who I am, but after spending 20 years of my adult life in the designer big city world, I’m doing my best to adjust to life on the farm.

You see y’all, I’ve had 20 years of fine dining, Chanel handbags, black-tie events, lunch with the girls, weekly massages, and a housekeeper. I’m ashamed to say I even had sordid affairs with 3 men: Neiman Marcus, Stuart Weitzman, and Manolo Blahnik.

Now I live in the country amidst a construction zone where sushi is 70 miles away, mosquitoes that could be rounded up and corralled, wellie footwear, cows looking in our dining room windows as we eat, and electricity that’s about as reliable as our trim carpenter showing up for work.

Really y’all, I’m NOT complaining. I’ve lived the high life and I’m not willing to trade in my pink sunsets and run off with Jimmy Choo. Been there, done that. Just be a little easy on me while I adjust. That’s what I keep telling Jack anyway.

It’s funny how life comes full circle. I spent the first 20 years of my life kicking and screaming to get out of the small town I grew up in so I could be a big city girl. Then I spent the second 20 years of my life kicking and screaming trying to figure out how I could make a living being a small town girl.

Moral of the story is: Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true …

Gotta go pick more squash!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I am in the opposite predicament. I lived in the country for ninteen years until my husband joined the UASF and we moved to a metro area near St Louis, MO. In my town if you had anything chanel it was always a knock off. I definately feel like I am the pond fish that got tossed into the ocean!

cndymkr said...

Your moral is so very true.

justabeachkat said...

Your new life sounds heavenly...lavender scented heaven at that!

Hugs!
Kat

Linda said...

I am a city girl, born and bred. But I have a not-so-secret dream to retire someday with my husband and raise a flock of specialty chickens. I love them. I wonder how long I'd last? I think lavender smells a lot better than chicken poo.