Saturday, June 23, 2007

I can't squash out anymore ideas ...

Can someone out there in Blog world help me? I have squash galore! This is what I picked from the garden today:




I've picked this same amount of squash everyday for the last 7 days. Tomorrow, I think I'm going to have twice this much. I can go on a Bubba Gump rampage on what all I've done with the squash:

I made baked squash, boiled squash, fried squash, grilled squash ...

I just need some new ideas. Anything. Does anyone have a great squash casserole? Also, I like zucchini bread. Can you make yellow squash bread?

Please help ...

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Give this a try.....

http://www.mountainharvestorganic.com/
csamembers/recipes/
chocolate_summer_squash_bread.htm

Lavender Chick said...

I LOVE the website that Tammy turned me onto! Absolutely great recipes. Can't wait to try them all.

Kate said...

Boomama posted this recipe last week http://boomama.net/?p=1268. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delightful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Squash!!!!!!
Put a bunch in the freezer. Wash, slice and bring to a boil, drain and cool. I put Ice on mine to cool faster, bag and freeze them. You'll be eating great tasting summer squash in the dead of winter.
In the last couple of weeks I have put up 15 Quarts and I'm not through yet.
Hugs
Erlene

Pilar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pilar said...

Between Lupe, mud baths, Jack, blogging and your j-o-b, how DO you manage to find time to cook SQUASH?

Pilar suggests calabacita. Sautee julienned squash (because it looks fancy) with chile, tomatoes, onion & garlic in olive oil (or lard or bacon grease). MMMM

Beyond that, I hear you can feed it to javelinas if you jave some.

Lavender Chick said...

PILAR!! Your awesome... I'm all about fancy, and of course chile is just a household staple. My tomatoes will be ripe in just a few more days. Can't wait to try it!

Regarding finding time, it sounds like you're like me and find yourself doing some of it at midnight!! You and I both need to go to bed!