Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just give me that countryside!

I have been trying to channel my hero for the last couple of days. It’s something I’ve been doing a lot lately. It’s the only way I can convince myself that I’m being a good farm wife, and that life at Green Acres – I mean, Hummingbird Farms, is the place I want to be.

I find so much comfort in Oliver's love for Lisa:

I took a dirt bath this morning. Yes, once again there is dirt in our water due to rain. Soaking in brown water just doesn’t make for a relaxing bath. However, due to the terrific mentoring of Lisa, I’ve learned I can just add lots of bubble bath and then you don’t know the difference.

Lisa and I have so much in common. Jack's love for me is so much like Oliver's love for Lisa:



To top off my relaxing bubble dirt bath, the door knob fell off in my hand as I opened the door to leave. But that’s okay. I’ve learned how to use all objects for a purpose – just like Lisa used to do. You know, kind of like how old roof shingles spread with peanut butter can provide great fiber to your diet.

Waste not, want not.

I’m sure the door knob won't be wasted. Oliver – I mean Jack, will put it to good use. Maybe a paperweight or something.

Seriously, it’s all okay.

Okay, the construction may be getting to me.

But, I still get to wake up to this every morning:


Green Acres - I mean Hummingbird Farms, IS the place I'd rather be!

5 comments:

TaunaLen said...

I am a new reader, and just wanted to tell you I loved this post. I hope you have clean water soon. I shudder at the thought of brown bath water. :-)

~TaunaLen

Theresa said...

"I took a dirt bath this morning." This gave me a good chuckle!! I have a nearly 6 yr. old grandson who would have thought he had died and gone to heaven!!! Hope the water clears soon, and hope the construction is finished soon, too. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Shari said...

Hmmm, Dirt baths, done that. Living in a construction zone, done that.

It's a good thing that you have a wonderful sense of humour, it comes in handy.

These things will get better and in the meantime keep up the wonderful posts, they put a smile on my face first thing in the morning.

Thank You

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Big Mama said...

Oh, Debra Dawn...first, the neverending construction and now bathing after the dogs? What has happened to your once glamorous life? :-)