Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ask Me Anything, But Don't Ask Too Early

Hi everyone. I thought I would start answering some questions from my Ask Me Anything You Want To Know About Me Party.

First up is “T” at Living the Life: How did you meet Jack and was it love at first sight… for either or both?

Well T, since you’re a new reader I won’t be hurt that you missed my post a couple of months ago about Jack. It was our anniversary and I answered your very question about how we met. In a nutshell, it was a blind date, but you can read all the juicy details here.

A couple of weeks before my anniversary post about my Miracle Man, I wrote about our precious little boy, Buckaroo, and in that story I mentioned when Jack did his head over heels thing for me. It was actually Buck that sealed the deal for Jack. You can read about that here.

By the way, Buck is doing just great!!!

Next question comes from Kat at Justabeachkat: Do you have a bad habit you’re trying to break?

The answer is yes, I have several. My #1 bad habit I’m trying to break right now, only because it’s wreaking havoc on my moods, decision-making, and overall well being, is my night owl problem. My entire family has the night owl gene. I don’t have a problem being a night owl, but when you have things to do and people to see early every morning, staying up late can be a bit of a drag.

I get sleepy every night around 10:00 p.m. That’s a good thing. Problem is, I’m never ready to go to bed at 10:00. I would love to, but I’m usually still pretty deep into some kind of work at that time. You know, being a Lavender Chick is hard work. Anyway, at about 10:30, without fail, I get my second wind. Then I’m good to go for at LEAST 2 more hours, usually three.

Even if I attempt to go to bed when that second wind kicks in, I’m just destined to toss and turn and get mad… Mad at Jack, which is the other habit I’m trying to break, we'll call it Bad Habit #2. For some reason I tend to get mad at my Miracle Man when things aren’t going my way.

So, to answer your question, I have to prioritize all my bad habits. So my first priority is to get myself more organized so that when that little biological thing happens at 10:00 every night and I begin to feel sleepy, I will just get up from what I’m doing and go to sleep - thereby nipping in the bud bad habit #1.

Once bad habit #1 is broken, that will automatically break bad habit #2, which is getting mad at Jack when things aren’t going my way. And once bad habit #2 is broken, that will automatically break bad habit #3, which is drinking too much coffee – but for now, I have to hang on to bad habit #3 or I won’t be able to stay up during the day, which kicks into high gear bad habit #2 – staying mad at poor OLE’ Jack….

Okay. Now I’m so disgusted with all my bad habits I’m going to have to wait and answer the other questions later.

I have to go yell at Jack about something ….

4 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Oh Girlfriend! Your description of your bad habits #1 and #2 sounds EXACTLY like mine. I mean literally exactly. It's amazing. If I could/would just listen to my body and go to bed when I first feel tired and start yawning, life would be soooo much better, but "no" I must stay up and read more blogs like Lavender Chick and others and do other "important things" and before you know it, it's way late and the pattern starts all over again. As far as #2, I try hard not to be ugly to my George since he doesn't fuss at me about my habits. (I married a saint.)

I just knew we were kindred spirts :-). Let me know if you find a way to break these habits. I'm open for any suggestions (as long as I can still do what I want to do :-)

Hugs!

Kat

justabeachkat said...

Hi again. I've given you another award :-)

Hugs!
Kat

Pilar said...

Helloooooo!

Donde esta Lavenderchick? Or would that be mi Chica Lavanda?

Pilar misses Debi.

LivingTheLife said...

Well...we are two peas in a pod...first I have your bad habit #1...it must be this blog thing...I need to listen to my body, too...but NO!!...I just fight the fatique...keep reading...become wired up...and then before I know it is in the early, early hours of the a.m. I wonder why I have trouble rising at a decent hour...it really riddles me with quilt sometimes...and I can't seem to break this "bad" habit...

The second similiarity is we both met our husbands on blind dates...my cousin kept wanting me to meet this really nice looking, easy going, country music lovin'friend of her boyfriends ...I of course did not want to meet anyone especially on a blind date...I was temporarily "giving up" dating! Well..much like you I finally gave in but insisted he call me and we could chat b/f I committed to a "real" date...I loved his voice, his easy going nature, his confidence...so I agreed to go out...we were engaged w/in 4 months and married less than a year after we met...we've been married now for 30 years...we have been blessed w/a daughter (27) and a son (24)..we also share a love for our animals...as you know from my blog...I love him so much more than I could have ever imagined loving anyone...he is my rock...my bud...my heart...I am truly blessed! I am so thankful I went on that BLIND date!!

I really enjoyed your story about how you met Jack!!

Blessings...
"T"