Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Green Acres ...

To get an idea of how much rain we've had this year, I wanted you to see this Pecan tree that sits in the middle of our hayfield.



It's actually a very tall tree with a very tall trunk. But the hay is so high, it's touching the branches of the tree! I know that standing in 'high cotton' is a good thing... Is there a saying about high hay? Or tall hay? Or long hay?


We've not had a chance to bail the hay due to all the rain. You have to shred when it's dry. In the meantime, our hay just keeps growing. And now, it looks like rain is on its way, again...






No complaints. It keeps Marsha in the hay and out of the lavender!


I'll check in later... I gotta go rush off to take what might be my last good bath for a while - looks like dirt baths are in the forecast!
Then I think I'll see if Jack wants to roll around in the hay ...

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm just so thankful that you folks from Texas finally shared some of the rain with us in Central Ohio!!! Last night we got measurable rain for the first time in 6+ weeks. It's been so dry that my husband said he heard a tree whistling for a dog!! ;)

justabeachkat said...

I've been reading on lots of blogs about all the rain you'e getting in Texas.

Funny post! I always know when I come here that you'll give me a reason to smile at the very least, but usually it's a good belly laugh.

Roll in the hay.....lol

Hugs!
Kat

JacQ said...

I love driving through the drive way among your hayfield. I can just sit there and watch the hay sway in the wind~ So peaceful and graceful.

My husband and I moved from Columbus, Ohio to Texas. This summer's gray and gloominess just make us feel down. Even though we needed the rain since last year there was the bad drought here in Texas.

Columbus is normally gray and gloomy most of the year. Seeing it being the opposite is another sign of how global warming is really in effect~

Hope the lavender fields are doing well, and not soaking up too much rain. Can't wait to be there again next year!

JacQ