Saturday, July 21, 2007

May the rain fall softly on your fields

It’s raining. This time last year, it would have been: IT’S RAINING!!! YEEHAWYIPPYEA!!! IT’S RAINING!!

What a difference a year makes. Let me emphasize: Rain IS a great thing. I just wish we could change its course to go help out some other folks for a while. Being that our hay is so incredibly overgrown and is swallowing up our lavender, we will soon have to prepare ourselves a map so that we can find the lavender fields. Talk about a needle in a haystack!

I actually love summer rain. The smell, the sound, the coolness it adds to the air. The problem is my mood is very reflective of the weather. In the winter when the sky is gray and gloomy, I kind of get gray and gloomy. In the spring when the sun is getting brighter and all the flowers are waking up, I get energized. When it rains, I get hit over the head with a lazy spell.

This is becoming a problem y’all. You should see my laundry pile! We’ve had so much rain, I can’t shake myself out of this laziness that has been cast upon me. And it’s NOT like I don’t have a ton of things to do! When it’s raining, I either want to hole up in my house and watch movies, or drive around and get …… oops, that’s another story.

I’m sorry to those of you that could benefit from some of this rain. I’m sure Mother Nature will get bored with us soon and move on to another part of the country; and of course, in a couple of months we’ll be begging her to come back.

“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”

4 comments:

Theresa said...

If you happen to get in touch with Mother Nature (I've been trying, the line's busy!) please tell her that there is a nice little community in Central Ohio that would love for her to rain all over it! ; )

justabeachkat said...

We've gotten rain recently too, but could use more.

What's that saying..."when it rains, it pours"...sorry, couldn't help myself.

Hugs!
Kat

Diane J. said...

Send some of that rain to Northeast Arkansas! We could use quite a bit.

And your quote? It's set to some lovely music and I sang it in high school choir. It's beautiful. :-)

Have a blessed Sunday!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Rhoda said...

Hi! thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog. I'm so glad you are enjoying all my projects & look forward to seeing some of your completed things too. Please stop by often & I'll check out more of your blog too.

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality