Monday, July 16, 2007

Time to reflect ...

Wow! What a surprise! I was contacted by Kat today that she was nominating me for the Reflection Award.




This world of blogging is all quite new to me. I really had no idea how hooked I would get! The fact that someone actually enjoys hearing my stories just blows my mind! I realize that I can ramble, sometimes not even make sense, and more times than not get off on a tangent. So thanks for continuing to check in with me.

Here's information about the award which was started by a teenage girl:

"As for my award, it is called The Blogger Reflection Award. Why? The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who, when you reflect on them, you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them. This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given."

I would like to take this time to reflect on those that have impacted me. Now some, I think probably all of them, have been nominated, but I’ve read the rules and it states that you can be given this award more than once. So with that, I want to give this award right back to the person that gave it to me:

Kat at justabeachkat - I really enjoy and appreciate her happy outlook on… well, on everything. I guess I kind of live vicariously through her at this place she calls paradise. I knew there was a connection when I read the ‘100 things’ about her. Other than the stuff about blue eyes and grandchildren, both of which are biologically and/or physiologically impossible for me, I can honestly say about 90% of everything else she lists are the same things I would have listed. Like me, she’s a breast cancer survivor, and this sort of makes us kindred sprits in a way. The fact that she’s happy with who she is, and where she is in life makes me smile.

Big Mama – I’ve known her for a while and I love that she’s doing exactly what she wants to be doing right now. I also look forward to a good laugh everyday. I agree with her 100%: laughter really is the best medicine!

Kelli at Living in Grace – Wow! What strength … Kelli has a chronic illness, but just plunges through life in spite of it all. I learn from her “can-do” attitude.

Diane at Diane’s Place - First of all, she lives in Arkansas and this just happens to be one of the most beautiful states in the country. I had the opportunity to live in Little Rock for a couple of years in the mid-90’s and loved it. It is such a beautiful place, the country and the people. Diane reminds me of the many gracious folks I met while living there. I look forward to checking in to see what she’s got going on for Sunday dinner. She keeps me grounded on what’s important in life: family, fellowship, and food.


Kat, thanks again for not only nominating me, but for giving me that little daily dose of life in paradise!

4 comments:

Diane J. said...

Awww....Thanks, LC! No matter how many times this may be awarded, each time is special, because someone cared enough to put into words their appreciation for my writing.

I'm humbled by this, LC. Thank you so much, my friend. ;-)

Have a wonderful week. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

justabeachkat said...

Thanks Deb! You've made my day with your sweet words!

Have a wonderful day.

Hugs!
Kat

Kelli said...

Sweetie! Thanks so much !

I'm loving my lavendar goodness- to the point of putting it in the "special bathroom box" during the move to ensure it's safety- LOL

This was quite a blessing in the midst of this move. Hint- never move when it's 119, and the humidity is over 50%.

Hugs!!!! and ... welcome to the blogging family :)

mer said...

Hi there!

I linked from Big Mama, and have enjoyed reading some of your posts this morning! I'm an Arkansas girl, but we made our way to Colorado a few years ago and I'm in love with the beauty all around me here!

I love the Ask Me Anything Idea...would you let me copy??

And I love that Dixie Chicks song too (Cowboy Take Me Away)...love it! But Wide Open Spaces would have to be the one that best fits me! See, you've already got me thinking this morning.

Hope your day is a good one!
Meredith