Friday, August 31, 2007

Hummingbird Farms Is The Place To Be, Faaarm Livin' Is the Life For Me!

I'm in one of those Labor Day moods to hole up at my place all weekend with Jack and do farmy stuff. Yes we have (or had) plans, but an awesome and timely thunderstorm came through which was just the perfect excuse to do what I wanted. Nothing.

I just want to be home with my husband. A slow and quiet weekend with no distractions.




Oh, wrong picture. I forgot - that's Lisa & Oliver, not Jack and me. I get us confused. A lot.


Here you go.





Yes, I just want to be home, get some long overdue chores done and get to feel organized once again. By the way - I know you're wondering what Jack is holding in the picture, being that it doesn't look a thing like Oliver's pitchfork. It's a Japanese sickle which is what is used to harvest the lavender. Which, by the way, needs harvesting AGAIN! What a strange bloom year. No complaints!
Have a great Labor Day weekend! I hope y'all get to do just exactly what you want!

3 comments:

Big Mama said...

Hope you have a great weekend doing nothing. We need to catch up one of these days!

LivingTheLife said...

I agree...staying at home...doing "whatever" suits me to a "T"...I love the time at home...I never bore of it...while I love to go and travel and do...nothing makes me happier than getting to spend time at home...doing nothing...or something...or whatever suits my fancy...

Enjoy this fabulous weekend....you and Jack take time for some rest and relaxation...by the way I love the Japenese cycle...I have a similar cycle...my dad said they use to use it on his parents farm...not sure on what...hay maybe...or weeds...or cotton...nah! probably not cotton...anyway...I have it and cherish it because my dad used it while he was a young boy...so it envokes sweet thoughts of my dad...

Again...enjoy this weekend to do what it is you want...

blessings...
"T"

justabeachkat said...

Great photo of you two!

Love your new heading!

Hugs!
Kat