Saturday, September 8, 2007

I can't chat, I'm too busy planning for Easter

Just a quick check in to let y'all know that my new baby nephew is doing great! He weighs just under 7 pounds, blonde, and looks just like his daddy.

Sorry for no pictures - yet. I'll get some posted as soon as my brother-in-law gets them downloaded. I self-treated myself very well to ensure my disease wouldn't kick in which would prevent me from taking pictures. I was so incredibly organized, I even remembered to pack the cord thingy that goes from my digital camera to the computer so I could quickly download pictures, keeping y'all completely informed in a timely manner of the new arrival. Only one problem - I forgot the battery for my camera. It's still sitting in the charger at home. No worries, the always prepared brother-in-law got some snaps!

Gotta get back to Miss High Falutin'. As we speak, she's packing her suitcase to come live with me. She's decided she's no longer the baby around here, and likes the farm better anyway. Right now she's in her closet deliberating over an Easter outfit to pack. Go figure ....

Easter is an important thing to be thinking about in September.

2 comments:

LivingTheLife said...

Congratulations on your baby nephew...I'm sure he is gorgeous!

As for Miss High Falutin'...she sounds like me when I was younger...you see I WAS the baby for 8 years...it was just me and my big bro...until...well, things happened and mom and dad decided to give us a baby sister...I told Mom & Dad...when they brought her home...that I thought that she was the RUDEST baby EVER...because all she did was lay in her crib and sleep...she just layed THERE! I guess I thought she was going to come home from the hospital talking, walking and yearning to play w/me. Boy...did I have a lot to learn!! However, today...she is my best friend...and she isn't rude at all!

On the battery...I HAVE done the same thing....thinking I was SO prepared...it was on a recent trip to Lake Tahoe...I brought everything with me for the trip...but when we got to LT I realized...I had the camera...but had left the battery charging at the hotel...so I bought a postcard and a watercolor painting just so I would have something tangible to remember my trip...

Have a fun week...hurry home...and I can't wait to see pictures of the families latest addition!

justabeachkat said...

Congratulations on the new baby nephew. Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Of him, you, and more of Miss High Falutin'

Hugs!
Kat