Sunday, October 7, 2007

John Wayne and his entire posse will fit in my tub

This morning I took my first official bath in my new bathroom. We still have some finish work to do in the bathroom, but I just couldn’t wait any longer. For those of you that have been reading my blog for a while, you know that my hobby is bathing. Yes it is, and I’m proud of it. Some of my best ideas, dreams, and plans have come to me while bathing. A good hot bubble bath is the best way I can treat myself.

What can I say? I’m just a simple farm girl.

Anyway – I LOVE my tub! This was my one biggie for the new house, a cast iron over-sized stand alone tub. Jack and I decided we would each get one biggie for the new house (biggie as in splurge). It didn’t take me long at all to decide on my biggie, maybe 1 or 2 nanoseconds. So today, for your viewing pleasure – HERE IT IS, my biggie!!!

(I'll show you Jack's biggie later - and pehlease, I'm talking about Jack's biggie as in for the house - if you are thinking otherwise, well you just have a dirty mind!)




But before christening my new tub, I had to get the essentials all ready. Hang on, you're about to see it.






I mean REALLY. Who can take a bath without candles?



Disclaimer: We’re still not completely settled, and I know it needs some warming up. I seriously am once again putting the horse before the cart by going ahead and moving into my bathroom, but hey – it’s been almost 3 years! I couldn’t stand it anymore. Here’s another shot with a little better lighting.




What’s that in the far right bottom corner? Well that’s Poncho. It was so funny because while I was taking my first-ever wonderful bubble bath in my new tub, Poncho was snoring away! I mean LOUD! It actually was quite soothing and made my bubble bath that much more pleasurable…

Now let’s talk about the windows. I’ve gone back and forth about window dressings – should I or shouldn’t I? I think the windows by themselves are so pretty, I kind of hate to cover them up.
And it's not like I'm at risk of showing my naughty parts to neighbors.
At the same time, I feel like the area is still a little sterile – it needs something, I just don’t know what. Just in case you’re interested here’s the view out the window.



Doesn’t everyone have a John Deere tractor & round bales of hay stacked up outside their bathroom window? Here’s the view looking the other way.




You can see the Spanish Oaks are getting ready to drop their leaves. I just hate that.



For now I put a jute rug in the bathroom, only because I had it on hand. My intent is to get a really nice Persian rug, something like this one, but in a way I kind of like that plain jute rug. The simplicity and naturalness of it is kind of, I don’t know – natural.

I am open to any and all suggestions about my new bathroom. It needs to be manly for Jack, but I want some girlyness for me.

This is the look I’m looking for: John Wayne meets Marie Antoinette; they shack up for a while but never marry, and meanwhile John dumps Marie for Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy and she moves in and changes everything up.


You know what I mean?

5 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Oh Girl...I'm drooling! I'm a bath girl myself. Love, love, love taking a nice hot bath, holding a glass of wine and joined by a good book. I stay in until my feet and hands get all wrinkly. I had one of those tubs once and I miss it so much. Enjoy! I like the rug you're thinking of getting. I'll think about the windows...maybe I should go soak and see what I come up with :-)

Can't wait to see Jack's "biggie" (wink)!

Hugs!
Kat

Cote de Texas said...

omg! I am so jealous!!! I want a new bathtub exactly like this!!!! You've done a great job.

Joni
p.s. thanks for your kind comments!!

Big Mama said...

Love the new tub. I'd leave the window plain, especially since you don't have to worry about peepers.

How about some pretty sconces on the walls on either side of the tub? Maybe wrought iron with crystal pendant drops? I think John Wayne and Jackie O would both approve.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Love that tub!
That is my every night treat. When Fancy starts snoring I splash her~ she just looks indignant.
Now about Jack...

Terri said...

I feel totally relaxed just LOOKING at the pictures! Think of us in blog land as you climb into your heavenly (biggie) tub!