Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Thanksgiving In The Hill Country

In June we had a visitor out here by the name of Clare Miers. She actually did a video story of us for the Austin American Statesman. She is a great person, and so very talented. Not only is she a fantastic journalist, she's also a great photographer. She's young, beautiful, intelligent, and has started her own company, Miers Media. She is on her way to great success.


She recently called upon us once again for help with a photo shoot & story she was working on. She was in need of some fresh lavender and we were more than happy to help her out. Now I'm glad to share her great piece of work with you, which is in the November issue of Romantic Homes.





It's all about a Hill Country Thanksgiving - a Thanksgiving feast outdoors, in the woods! You have to check it out.







It was the most beautiful outdoor setting! Oh - and beautiful arrangements & centerpieces using lavender from Hummingbird Farms...




This is one of the pages in the story. Doesn't the lavender look just gorgeous against the white roses (excellent idea, Clare)! Those are Jack's hands up there in the corner.


It's a several page spread of gorgeous, and of course romantic scenes from a feast in the Hill Country. The table settings are beautiful - and the desserts, yummy!



Oh, I forgot - in addition to including some Thanksgiving recipes that I can't wait to try, they even included a recipe for lavender sugar cookies by yours truly ... (let me know if you want the recipe & I'll send it to you).



You really will be glad if you buy a copy. There are so many more photos I didn't include here, I had trouble uploading. But, I promise you will be glad to see the gorgeous old farm table beautifully set for a Thanksgiving feast amongst a backdrop of the Hill Country. I got some great ideas and can't wait to set my table for Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Wow...beautiful photos. I'll look for the magazine.

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I always love the fantasy of Romantic settings. It in no way reflects my actual life, but I love to dream about it.

The cover of the magazine tantalizes with the caption " Get the British Colonial Look" Then they have a wonderful tent and cute little chairs to lounge around and sip gin and tonics.

I would be so tired from setting every thing up , I would be crashed in that tent with my feet propped up snoring to beat the band.

Anonymous said...

I would like to have the lavendar sugar cookie recipe. It sounds very different! Thanks!

twinkle said...

Just got my first issue of "Victoria" magazine's new printing! These photo's remind me of what I love about "Victoria." I'll check out this spread and hope you don't mind if I add you to my link of favorite sites. Your posts and pics are beautiful!

Kari & Kijsa said...

What a beautiful post! Love the photos and sweet ideas!

Have a blessed day!

kari and kijsa