Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I'm going to serve Thanksgiving dinner in the bathroom

We're hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year. This could be a problem, being that we're STILL under construction. I'm actually beginning to get used to my life under construction, being that it's been almost 3 years now.

Yes, 3 years.

I really don't think I will know how to act when I can actually sit in a seat without having to dust it off first. The thought of being able to walk around in my own house in bare feet seems like a pipe dream...

I've mentioned before how all the construction mess came to be, you can read more about it here. But, let me sum up one more time that it all started because of this table.


I bought this table 4 years ago. I just had to have it. The picture of the table is from the store where I bought it.

Later this week I'm going to take a picture of the table in my new dining room. It makes me kind of nervous! Our dining room is 95% finished, and our master bath is 90% finished. The rest of the house is, well - not finished. Not finished at all.

So, I'm figuring for Thanksgiving we can just alternate between the dining room and the bathroom. After all, John Wayne & his entire posse can fit in my tub.


Seriously, what do you do with guests in your home when you are still under construction? For me it's a no-brainer, being that my 2 favorite hobbies are eating and bathing. I'm perfectly fine having only the dining room and bathroom close to being finished.

I'll eat, bathe, eat, bathe, eat, bathe....

My dilemma is what to do with my guests????

12 comments:

hoganfe said...

You have my sympathy on the construction we went thru it as well. But your house is lovely...happy thanksgiving!
mary

twinkle said...

If your weather is as warm as ours here in Georgia, I would move outdoors. Your lavender farm with longhorn cows...and that sweet baby calf...is so pastoral! Give them all a barbque turkey leg and enjoy the grand outdoors!

justabeachkat said...

Funny post!

Family and friends will understand. It's not what your home looks like anyway...it's the people who share the day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs!
Kat

Painted Groove Girl said...

You could make one heck of a Coke jello salad in that bathtub. I also like Twinkle's idea about moving the party outdoors. Remember the fabulous magazine article?

Bridget said...

I could get comfy in that tub. Just slide a plate of turkey & dressing under the door.

joan said...

Hi,

First time visiting here, over from Kat's. Very nice blog and I love your bath and dining room table. I'll be back to visit. Thanks.

jo ~ neereandearcreations.com said...

LOVE that tub... and two of my favorite things Hummingbirds... I collect them and lavender... oh the heavenly smell...

Found your blog through someone elses blog...so glad I did

HUGS

jo ` neereandearcreations.com said...

oops

melissa @ the inspired room said...

Is that your bathroom? Sheesh, I'd have Thanksgiving in that tub! Who needs a table! Love it!

We remodeled our kitchen in the house we are in now and it took two years from start (looking for contractor) to finish (being able to use it). Two years with NO kitchen as ours was not working at all when we bought it.

We made everything on our electric skillet in the bathroom!

It will be worth it, but I feel your pain. I'll have to go back and read your story of all how it all came to be when I have a moment...I am off to a holiday bazaar!

xo,
Melissa

Painted Groove Girl said...

When we first started renovating our house in Marathon, we didn't have any sort of stove, and questionable plumbing. Everyone was encouraged to "go" elsewhere. We cooked everything in an electric skillet, too! One lavenderchick's construction mess is another chick's dream house.

Kari & Kijsa said...

Mmmm- Turkey and bubbles- We like it!!!!
Think of the entire line of bath products you could market from this... Cranberry jello sugar scrub, mashed potato tonic, yams-a-licious bubble bath.....

Go for it- The memories will be great, and everyone will enjoy the fun of it all. P

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Alexandra, Writing & Baking Enthusiast said...

Is that your tub?? I just sent a photo almost identical to that I had found at a design site to Mr. Silver Bell to show him one of my faves. Too funny!
Alexandra