Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving at Hummingbird Farms

Hi there! Whew.... What a week we had. A great time indeed in the near finished dining room. Before the family arrived, this is what it looked like.


Pardon the dark picture. One of these days I'll perfect my picture taking expertise...

Miss High Falutin' helps her mother with her famous sweet potatoes. Yes, Miss High Falutin' has a band aid on her chin. You should hear her tell you the story about the traumatic event that led to this near-fatal injury. When she removed the band aid I do believe I saw a small pinkish colored dot, about the size of a grape nut on her chin. I have no doubt the injury was life-threatening...


This is my 8 year old niece that is very proud of her new outfit. She just turned 8 two weeks ago. She informed us all that she is now practically a teenager ...


We finally sat down for dinner and made ourselves miserable. These are my two dark-headed little sisters sitting on the right side of the table. Okay, go ahead and say it, I know you're wondering:
Yes, I'm related to them.
Yes, I've asked myself the same question, but I know I am indeed related to them because I have my father's snout and nubs - I mean, nose and short legs.
And yes, I'm naturally blond.

And a good time was had by all!

5 comments:

melissa @ the inspired room said...

That looks like a great holiday! Love that wall! Wow!

We've had many of those near fatal chin injuries in our house. From the ruckus made over said injuries you are certain it is time to call 911.

Happy Monday!

Theresa said...

Looks like you had a great day together! I can't wait to see the finished product called the dining room, since the nearly finished look is pretty nice.

LivingTheLife said...

Wow...everything is so lovely...I love your dining room...if it looks that good partially finished...I am indeed excited to see the finished room!

Your nieces are darling...and of course it was a near fatal chin accident of the most horrendous sorts. After all Miss High Falutin must watch very closely for things like that...wouldn't want any unnecessary scars and such...with that contract awaiting from "America's Next Top Model"...can't you see her on the cat walk...and as for the 8 year old...yes she is terribly close to being a teenager...must really start practicing NOW! Hahahaha....kids...so darn cute...now where was sweet nephew...I saw a glimpse of him on the floor in the dining room...poor fella...didn't he rate a spot in someones lap...I know if I had been there...that's exactly where you would have found him...hey I have an idea...as soon as he is of age...say about 4 or 5 or next year...he needs to come to our house and learn the fine art of potato cannon making...yep...his mom will love us for that...

Loved the pictures...beautiful home...beautiful family...

Teresa

joan said...

Beautiful home and family! I love your dining room, it just looks so friendly.

Cote de Texas said...

Your house is so pretty!! I wish there were more pictures. OK - I'm going to go back and see if you've posted more.