Saturday, November 24, 2007

Twas the night after Thanksgiving and all through the kitchen
Was the smell of left-overs
And holiday fixins.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear?
But a near finished dining room
And eight, no ten, dining room chairs!

I jumped to my feet to begin taking pictures
But to my dismay I was so full, I was just so lethargic.

I couldn’t believe when I glanced in the mirror
Is that really me?
It is, oh the horror!

I decided to settle in for a long winters nap
After all, what better way to ignore all the facts?

As I tossed and turned in my bed
I had these thoughts running through my head

What would happen if I went on a diet?
You know, what’s the harm?
I should at least try it.

And then I sat up and my thoughts became darker
Is it possible for my rear to get any larger?

4 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Very cute. I resemble this poem...large hiney and all! Ho Ho Ho!

I'm decorating for Christmas today...it's a day I look forward to with excitement and dread, if you know what I mean. LOL

Hugs!
Kat

LivingTheLife said...

HaHaHaHaHa...were you looking at a picture of me...cos' I know my hiney is bigger since Thursday...I HAVE GOT TO hit the treadmill tomorrow...and watch what I eat...carefully...you're a hoot! I bet you don't even have a butt!

I'll check in with you this week...see if you are dieting...or excercising or possibly both...now that just might be too much for either of us...

blessings...
Teresa...formerly with a smaller behind!!

Kari & Kijsa said...

TeeHeee Hahahaha, Tee Hee Hahaha, falalalalaala!
We can relate to this! Thanks for making us laugh so hard, we almost lost our diet cokes (and you know it has to be diet after all that Thanksgiving feast!!

smiles,
kari & kijsa

Painted Groove Girl said...

The husband and I had this very conversation just yesterday. I commented I was back "on" the program because I was feeling just a little tooooooo fluffy for my liking. He replied: "Well, isn't the Christmas season kind of like the wrong time to try this?" (imagining the tortuous days and imminent failure ahead of me, no doubt). I reasoned this was exactly the right time to get back on the program because imagine how hideous I would be after Christmas otherwise. He then did an imitation of the frog Shrek blows up as a balloon for Fiona. Nice.