Monday, December 10, 2007

I'll Be Home For Christmas & Then I'll Check Myself Into Therapy

I'm Back! Sorry for my MIAedness. It's a busy time here at Hummingbird Farms. I sure can relate to Santa's little elves right now - working around the clock day and night checking off those lists and knowing who's been naughty or nice. We were temporarily out of lotion for bit, but finally got our new bottles silk screened and filled and have been processing orders like elves gone mad ever since.

I've also been busy visiting with my sister who is here for a quick visit and to do some Christmas shopping. She still lives in West Texas and is just as cracked as me. We're real proud of that. It must be that dry desert air we grew up in - I think it must dry out your brain cells or something.

Speaking of being half cracked, she told me about a dream she had last night involving a cracked egg. She dreamt that she had all these chickens. I'm sure it had something to do with feeling like she was visiting a zoo rather than us. Anyway, she said these chickens were laying the most beautiful little eggs. One egg was all cracked, and as she carefully picked up the egg and looked ever so carefully through the cracks she could see not one, but two little baby chicks. Not only that, but as she looked even deeper, she even saw 2 little bunnies in that egg standing next to a red and white striped car. And to make it even better, those little bunnies were wearing blue and white cheerleader outfits.

Just thought I would share that with y'all.

I'm now going to go drag myself to bed to dream of lollipops and leaping lizards or something ...

4 comments:

Painted Groove Girl said...

I sure wish I had some sort of psychology degree so I could analyze that dream. But what I really wish is that I could have been there in person for the play-by-play when your sister revealed her dream. No one can tell a story like a "cracked" West Texas girl.

Chrissie said...

Oh! How funny! I love your pictures! Hope you get all your things done in record time!
God bless you, dear friend!
Chrissie

justabeachkat said...

Funny dream! Maybe it's because you two have been running around like "two chickens with your heads off". ????

Hugs!
Kat

LivingTheLife said...

I too, like painted groove girl wish I had a psychology degree...but I'm afraid that dream might just tax my brain a bit too much...so funny, you and your sister sound like two gals I would love to hang out with...cracked and all...I didn't realize it was just West Texas gals that are cracked...cos I'm from North Central Texas...and I am about as cracked as you can get...just ask my cracked sister. The egg story kind of made sense w/the twin chicks on up to the bunnies...but I was totally not expecting the cheerleaders to take over...I'm pretty sure in my feeble mind though I have figured out the red and white striped car...yes, it represents Christmas Candy Canes...I know...I know...genius...really...I know...it just comes so naturally for me...wondering here...could the dream have anything to do with what cracked sister had to eat...OR...drink???? uh huh...

Glad to see you back...you've been missed...however, I know this has to be a busy time for you...good luck on those orders!

Blessings...
Teresa