Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Play Misty For Me...

After getting a comment from Pat, I thought I would give y’all a face update. By the way, go check out Pat’s blog. I just got through browsing through it and am going to spend some more time later checking it out… I’m so intrigued!

So regarding my face – yes, I did schedule another sandblasting session. I mean microdermabrasion. I’m just a bit anxious... I think it’s going to be similar to what I felt like when I was a child anticipating a tickling session. I can remember when I was about 4 and my sister and I would have tickle contests. It would be my turn to be tickled and I would start laughing uncontrollably before she ever started tickling me. Sometimes anticipation is just more than I can handle!

Who knows? I might be able to prop myself right up there on that table, or I might need to be knocked out cold and blindfolded. Hopefully the aesthetician charges by the session and not the hour…

Now regarding my face and if I can tell any difference after being licked by a fat cat for 5 minutes – well, it’s still way too soon to tell. Like I said, I need at least 364 more sessions. Making Tennessee look like look Rhode Island takes some time … But, I will say that if feels much softer and maybe even a little more glowy!

This leads to the purpose of this post, and I really hope y’all help me out here by leaving a comment. I recently started using mineral make up. I love it! I tried it once before (a different brand), but realize now that I didn’t use the right brushes. Good brushes make all the difference in the world! Another important component to mineral make up that I didn’t know about last time is a hydrating mist spray.

Have you ever used a hydrating mist spray for your face? The purpose of this spray is to set your mineral makeup, but it’s also supposed to hydrate your skin. So this is what I want to know: Have you ever used a face mist for other reasons, not just to set your mineral makeup?

My wheels are turning here. I like the concept of using a face mist, especially if it is one that contains some refreshing anti-oxidants that really will hydrate your skin. And heck, what’s wrong with a little pick me up to the senses with adding a nice aroma, as in lavender, which will perk you right up and calm your little stressed out self all at the same time?

Now maybe you know where I’m going… I’m totally fixated on this hydrating face spray and am thinking, hey – I can make this product so much better!

So what do you think? If you were traveling is this something you could see yourself using? Imagine a quick little spray to the face to open up your senses and hydrate that air-deprived flesh from that stale, nasty airplane air? Or perhaps a little mist at the end of the day as you gear yourself up for that gridiron traffic? I mean, come on – why clog your pores even more with all those traffic fumes coming in from your a/c vents?

I can’t quit thinking about this! So I’m curious, have you ever used a hydrating face spray? Would you ever consider using a hydrating face spray?

11 comments:

Big Mama said...

I would use one for sure. I'm also a fan of the mineral makeup so I could use it for that but I'd also use it in the summer when it's so hot outside or on an airplane.

In fact, I'd like some right now.

Painted Groove Girl said...

I'm with Big Mama. I'm already a big fan of mineral makeup but nobody said anything to me about a facial spray making it better. Do tell. I like this new idea. A hydrating Hummingbird Farms facial spray would so enhance my life. Arbonne has this sort of hydrating spray toner stuff I really like. As good and healthy and organic as your products are, a spray would be so multi-purpose. You could spray it on your face, spritz a room with it, cleanse the air on a plane when people are breathing your air, waft some onto your pillow.... the uses are endless. I can also see it easing claustrophobia but I don't know how you could market it as a psychological nutriceutical. ...

justabeachkat said...

I don't use one now, but it sure sounds interesting. I've never tried the mineral makeup either. Which brand has worked the best for you?

Hugs!
Kat

Kari & Kijsa said...

We bought some once...sold on the fabulous sales pitch...but have to confess- sprayed it once at home..and promptly forgot about it!
Mmmm- although a hydrating diet coke mist...not for your pores, of course...just simply to tuck in you purse, and spritz your mouth any time you need a quick fix of caffiene..mmm..there is an idea there...
LOL!!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

cyn said...

I am always up for trying new things. I am very interested in all things refreshing and esp. natural. Yes, I would try it for certain.

Marie said...

Hi Deb; you definitely need to continue with your microderms. You will notice a huge difference after a couple. I will also plug the Dermalogica microdermabrasion powder and I've also heard Origins has a great one (for in between appts). I'm a believer. Also, I thought I talked to you already about facial mists! Burts Bees used to make a lavender one (for dry skin) and a grapefruit one (for oily skin) but I can't find them anymore. I love them, especially when I have them in my plugin cooler in my car in the summer~nice. Right now I use one from MAC; it's OK. The Dermalogica toner comes in a spray bottle and I love it as a mist. Are you sick of my comments yet? You didn't know I am such a product whore. Well, I never took the time to watch the DVD that came with my mineral makeup and maybe that's why I've never taken to it. To me, it's very clumpy and gets orange-y when I sweat and get oily (both of which I do given that my job is outside sales in Central Texas). I bought the beginning set which comes with brushes so I don't think that's the problem. Maybe I'll look to see if I still have the DVD and give it another whirl.

Lavender Chick said...

Marie - You are correct! I clearly remember you telling me about a facial mist last summer, but I think it just didn't really register with me because I hadn't actually used one yet... So - I stand corrected and I should have paid you much more attention! I think it's the typical: you don't know what your missing if you've never missed it!

I should have known that you're always ahead of your time!

You should try a facial mist with your mineral makeup - it may keep your from clumping.

Thanks!!

LivingTheLife said...

Ok...I love this concept...I used a mist at some point in time...and for the life of me I can't remember who produced that product...but I know I did love it...and would love to use something like it again....especially as a quick "refresher" during the day...and anything with lavender in it gets my vote! I love the stuff...and how refreshing would a cold spritz of lavender be on a hot summer day...GO FOR IT!! I will be your biggest cheerleader...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog about the house...I would love to see your home...even if it won't be ready for another 3 years...I know it is a very special place...oh! and I secretly covet (I now that's bad) your tub...I downloaded it from your blog (hope thats ok??) and I showed it to lovin' hubbin' and told him...I NEED THIS TUB! I now have it in my 3 ring binder of "things I must have!"

blessings...
Teresa

Design Block said...

Funny you should mention this because I just ordered a hydrating mist or sprtiz. I think it would be nice to have when I am on a plane, in a meeting with the Damn Dutch, or sitting in car line...maybe even an elevator. I would love to see a hummingbird version...let me know when I can test it.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I use the mineral makeup as well and you are right the secret is in the brush! The first one I used left little black cat hairs all over me. Not the look I was going for!
My skin is so sensitive ~well I guess I am just one of those super sensitive southern belles. I never have used a mist, unless you count Alabama humidity!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have been wanting to try the mineral makeup (I rarely use any at all). I LOVE the idea of a lavender mist...

BTW, the Hummingbird spa treatment in a jar is AWESOME!!!! (actually it is beyond awesome!).

Happy to be a tester when the mist is ready!