Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm Feeling Lucky Today

Today I was being a little wimpy. I was aggravated about all the chaos that seems to never end around here. The truth is we bit off a little too much all at one time. Any normal, rational thinking person would only venture into one major life event at a time.

And then there's me.

I decided that we could handle moving from the city to the country, starting a lavender farm and business, developing a body care line, and building a house all at the same time. Throw in there managing my career as a daily commuter(2-3 hours a day), a little cancer episode, losing both of my grandmothers, and a couple of farming accidents resulting in trips to the ER and a top-notch hand surgeon, and here we are....

Okay - so it's been a bit much. But you know what? These last 3 years have really flown by and so many great things have happened. This is where we were then:


We had just started the construction and our girls were still children. Look how short their horns were. Just like then, they're still fat and lazy and VERY curious. When we were in the beginning stages of the construction, they would come check out the process at the end of every day.

Here they are today, long horns and all ....


How our girls have grown. And of course you know all about our new baby that has come into the family....

So in addition to our girls that we're so proud of, I'm also really proud of the many other things we have accomplished (even though on some days I have to remind myself of this).

And you know what the best part is? I have sweet dreams every night knowing all kinds of good luck is coming my way because of something Jack did. When we poured the slab for the new house, Jack placed a horseshoe in the foundation right in the area where our headboard would be placed in our bedroom. (In old folklore, horseshoes are considered a good luck charm in many cultures.)




You can see our initials, the date, and our brand. You will also see 12 little dots to the right of our initials. I would tell you what that means, but I can't. It's a secret.

So there you have it. I sometimes get a little overwhelmed, but all I have to do is think of how long our girls' horns have grown and how I have the best wishes coming my way because of the horseshoe that is permanently placed in the foundation of our home.

And as you know, home is where the heart is....

5 comments:

Painted Groove Girl said...

Thanks for the reminder. I sometimes need to remember to keep my chaos in check and take time to think of the progress ... Some days it's just harder than others.

Hill Country House Girl said...

Just checking to see if you got my email about slipcovers,etc. Now that I have read your post about being overwhelmed.......oh my, and I thought we had too much going on!! Best wishes for a calm day and peaceful moments when you can grab them. Ann

Charlotte said...

I discovered your blog through Kat's blog. She gave us both plus many other bloggers an award today and I clicked on yours to check it out. I'm glad I did. I love the lavender and getting to know you a little by your remarks. I would say you are quite a remarkable lady and I'm glad I visited here.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Peggy said...

HI, I just discovered your blog and know exactly how you feel. I wonder why we can be superwoman most of the time and then..boom! It hits us like a clunk on the head. I call it being in a funk. We know that we have a great life. But you know, sometimes we just feel like there's a lot to cope with. I guess that's part of the human experience. When those days come along I try to ride them out knowing that tomorrow I will feel better.

justabeachkat said...

So funny...I just did a post last night about being overwhelmed and feeling like I'm in the rat race. I loved this post. Even when we're overwhelmed, we're thankful our life is full. I love the horseshoe idea. Okay...you've got me wondering...why the 12 dots? The girls really have grown.

Happy Sunday!
Hugs!
Kat