Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Babies, babies everywhere!

Remember Bob? He got to be the only baby at Hummingbird Farms for an entire year. Of course, he thinks he's still the baby... His mama still treats him like a little baby; I don't think Bob minds it, though. I even caught Bob trying to nurse the other day - he's almost a year old! It's possible that he's regressing... You hear all the time that children can regress when mama comes home with a new baby. Should it be any different with cows? We just happen to have several new babies at Hummingbird Farms. We've got baby poodles AND baby cows!




I took this picture minutes after this baby was born. He and his mama are refugees at Hummingbird Farms. Due to the drought, we're housing a number of refugees - it's the least we can do...


Look closely, you can see that he still has his little umbilical cord. Isn't he a cutie!



This baby is growing horns! Do you see that little black thing sticking out? They grow up SO fast...




They will all enjoy their time at Hummingbird Farms, I know I sure do. I mean, come on - is this not gorgeous? How many pink sunsets do you think you have to have before you get tired of them?


9 comments:

Painted Groove Girl said...

I know I never get sick of Hummingbird Farms ...

Bridget said...

I love the babies. I never got tired of pink sunsets in Texas. I used to live in Austin and I plan on moving back there just as soon as we retire which shouldn't be too much longer!
I have this vision of Elizabeth Hurley doing a Google search on herself and coming across my blog and being horrified! lol I was also told (when I used a different pic) that I looked like Sigmund Freud. For some reason, when I ran my DH's pic through, he was not matched up with any women...I guess it was the beard! LOL

Lavender Chick said...

Hey Bridget!

We would love to get you back in Texas - and if you move to Austin we'll practically be neighbors!

Funny about Sigmund Freud - at least I know I wasn't the only one to resemble a man!

For those of you wondering what Bridget and I are talking about - go check out her blog. I got a kick out of this!

justabeachkat said...

Beautiful photos of the babies. So cute!!!!!!!! And I love the one of the pink sunset. "Pink sky at night...sailors delight".

Hugs!
Kat

Penny said...

How precious can it get over on Hummingbird Farms girl?! Thanks for sharing these cool pictures. I want some cows!! One day....

Hugs,
Penny

Boyz3Mommy said...

Oh how cute!! I love that sunset picture...there's no way you can ever grow tired of that.

Sure wish I could have seen you last weekend. Isn't Joan's place pretty?

Cote de Texas said...

Aw, so cute and your new puppies are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok - thank you so much for that comment you left. OMG - it made me feel sooooo good. I am NOT brave! I was so upset by the meanies telling me they won't read me anymore, haha!!! really!! I was devastated, but I can't back down, have to stand my ground. Repost your woman hear me roar - I'd love to read that! thanks again.
Joni

Theresa said...

All of the new babies at your place are soooo cute!!!! What's Bob's reaction to not being the only baby??

Loved the pink sunset picture!

Buffie said...

Awwww!!!! How precious!! I love babies of any kind! How lucky they are to have you to take care of them! I live in Texas so I know about the beautiful sunsets we get here and no, I will never tire of them!