Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lavender Chick Does Dallas

I would have used my real name in the title of this post, but I’m using code for obvious reasons… I don’t want to risk having anymore creepy crawlies visiting my blog like last summer. Remember that post? There are just some real pervs out there!

I have to tell y’all about my weekend in Dallas. It started out with all of my plans falling into place just perfectly. My dear friend was having a birthday party bash for her 3 year old precious twins, AND my sister was going to be in Dallas on business. What a perfect scenario! It was the perfect time for me to get to visit my friend and see her babies that aren’t going to be babies much longer, AND hang out with my sister and actually be real grown-ups and have dinner at an adult dining facility with wine and everything versus a kid friendly restaurant with clowns and slides. It was just a win-win weekend…. It was going to be a weekend well worth the 4 hour drive. But then again, you are talking about me:

1. I spent a total of 2 ½ hours driving around lost in Dallas. The ridiculous part of all of this is that I got lost not only going to the restaurant, but leaving the restaurant too! And it’s a restaurant I’ve been to dozens of times! My sister was with me in the car; I am obviously one that can’t talk and drive… The more lost and confused we got, the harder we laughed and the loster we got (I know loster isn’t a real word, but it’s a good word).

2. The good news about driving around lost in Dallas is that we drove up on Cheaters! Do you know what I’m talking about? Cheaters, the TV show about cheating spouses that gets all caught on film. We’re driving around completely lost in downtown Dallas when we come up on the film crew filming right there on a city street! I had to drive around the block 3 times real slow with the windows rolled down so I could hear. I wanted to park the car and just get out to hear the whole thing go down, but my sister said NO WAY and wouldn’t let me stop the car. I think she was embarrassed.

3. I locked my keys in the trunk of the car. I have not locked my keys in my car in at least 5 years. What I hate the most about this is that this means I will do it 2 more times in the very near future. Locking your keys in your car comes in three’s... I had to call a locksmith who was actually a very nice guy. I asked him how busy he stays getting keys out of locked cars for blondes. He assured me that there is absolutely no greater increase of blondes locking their keys in their cars than brunettes. So there! It took him all of 2 minutes to unlock the car and say, "$60, please." This means he makes $30 a minute! I’m in the wrong business, y’all…

4. Last, but not least, I went to the birthday party on Saturday with gifts in tow and ready to party-hearty with the twins. Except…..


Are you ready for this one?



THE BIRTHDAY PARTY ISN’T UNTIL NEXT WEEKEND!!!

18 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh my, you poor thing! I hope your next trip to Dallas turns out better!

Buffie said...

OMGLMAO!!!!!!!! Oh I am laughing too hard to type!!!!! Histerical and SO something that I would do! LOL!!!!!! Oh thanks for the laugh I needed it! Buffie : )

Stacey said...

Your posts are so funny, Debi! I always laugh WITH you!

Ah, Alpacas. I will sure let you know if I wind up with any. You can come and pet them anytime! You know what will keep any sane person from getting a pasture full of these cute-as-the-devil little critters? The mucho price tag! Anything breedable would require a second mortgage. I may end up with a couple of eunichs (at least I won't have to put a kidney on e-bay to afford them). I'll keep you posted.

shaybert said...

OH MY you are so much my kinda gal! JUST yesterday, I was pulling into a parking lot and my daughter called. I was checking that I had everything as I got out of the car and walking toward the store. I jammed my hand into my pocket where I usually keep my cell. I stopped and panicked, "Where's my cell phone?" I asked. Then I remembered and I told my daughter matter of factly, "Oh, I'm talking on it!" Then we couldn't stop laughing!!!!! See? Blessings, Shay

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh I hate to laugh at your pain...but that was too dang funny! Maybe because it sounds like something I would do...but then I would have stopped at the "cheaters" site and cheered on the jilted lover lol. At least you got to see your sister. And the twins know you mean well...and we got to read the funny story!

Painted Groove Girl said...

Although tragic, this sounds completely normal to me.

Please note my new pic was taken sitting on your sofa. No doubt, laughing at you.

LivingTheLife said...

Ok...I'm gonna have to pick myself up off the floor from laughing WITH you...not at you...b/c honestly it sounds just like me...every time I go to Dallas...and it's just suppose to be a 45 minute or less drive from me...I hate driving there...I always get lost!!! Sadly, I've never had the pleasure of seeing a "Cheaters" episode being videoed...but I can just imagine how fun that was. NOW, b/c you've blogged abut this I'm going to HAVE to start watching it...just so I can see the crazy lady circling around with her windows down and her sister slumping down in here seat! Too darn funny...and I loved the more lost you got...the "loster" you got...I know that phrase only too well!

Hope you get back to Dallas, soon...you need to call me up when you do...then I can meet you there, after I've driven around for a couple of hours...we can then meet up and both get lost...and have a million laughs! But, you will need to remember WHERE you saw the Cheaters show being taped...just in case they come back for round 2!

Blessings...
Teresa

Design Block said...

Thank you for joining me in Dallas. Before the three kids, I loathed business travel...now I can't wait for the next trip!

Regarding driving up on cheaters. I would have loved to have watched; however, you drove up right behind them and stopped the car and my window was opened. The entire crew, host, and the poor young man who has been cheated on, stopped filming and turned around and looked at us. They were less than a foot away and it was horribly awkward and I felt like a boob.

Have a nice week. Love, AB

Bridget said...

I seem to recall my last trip to Dallas being rather eventful. I was on my way to my honeymoon and the car in front of us suddenly did a 360 and ended up in the ditch. No one was hurt thank goodness and it was not an omen for things to come. We had a wonderful time. I hope the next time you visit Dallas all goes well!

Boyz3Mommy said...

Oh. My. Gracious. You sound just like me leaving my car running all day without knowing it!!

Penny said...

Girl, you are a r.i.o.t.!

Theresa said...

This is absolutely hilarious!!! One time my MIL and her sister were driving to a big bingo tournament in Springfield, OH. They got to talking and laughing and we heard from them about 3 hrs. later--they were in Indianapolis and LOST!!!!

Sisters have times like these!

Buffie said...

LMAO!!! That is too funny!!! We must have been separated at birth! Well you know what they say about GREAt minds?!!! : )Buffie

Liz G. said...

See - you should have had this non-stalking, nonfrightening blogfan's phone number. All my friends call me "Lizco" - like Mapsco - 'cause for some reason, I have this sense of direction and even if you are on the phone with me, I can get you where you need to go. (Of course, I'm the one who LOVES getting lost just so I can see new country/sights/etc. In fact, I got lost near some lavendar farm down there last year - could have been yours!

I have to laugh when I think about the keys in the trunk. My mom called me one afternoon frantic 'cause she had locked her keys in the trunk. I drove across town to unlock the car for her and when I got there 'cause she was sitting IN the car waiting for me. I said, "How'd you get in?" She said, "Oh, this part was open, I just can't get the keys out of the trunk." At which time I reached down next to her leg and flipped the lever next to the driver's seat that opens up the trunk. We both about peed our pants laughing.

Hollie said...

you talking about locking your keys in your car reminds me of how four years ago I locked myself out of my house twice, in one hour! The same guy had to come and let me in both times! ughhhhh

Buffie said...

LMAO! Your comment made me laugh out loud for the first time in days!!!! And I love you for it! I actually did all those things! LOL!!! You really did cheer me up!
Buffie :)

Buffie said...

Ok well I didn't shoot a pigeon but the rest and YOU helped a lot! lol!

Lavender Chick said...

Hi y'all! Thanks for all your comments... It's kind of nice to hear some of the things you have also done so that I don't feel like a complete boob!

Buffie - Glad I was able to make you laugh and cheer you up for a bit!!!!