Saturday, September 13, 2008

Texas has Ike, my sister has spikes (stilletos, that is).

What a week! It's been a busy one, and of course all the excitement/anxiety about Ike has made it feel even more busy. My Uncle Dennis and his family, along with my Aunt Pat and her family decided to hunker down and ride the storm. A storm it was! My sister and her family, however, decided to come to our house and watch the storm via CNN versus checking it out in real life. My sister doesn't do well without electricity... Fortunately for my family, everyone is fine. Some damages, yes, but no one is complaining. It could have been MUCH worse...

Speaking of all my family in Houston, I'm realizing I probably never told y'all that we ended up getting a 3rd poodle from the litter our two little bundles of joy came from; Like us, our nieces (who live in Houston) fell in love with Big & Birdie and needed one, too!


Does that look like one happy little girl with her dog or what? This is Big & Birdie's sister, Tilly, with my niece J-Bean (Jillian). We had a litter reunion when they arrived at our house late Thursday night.

These are 3 very tired poodles after playing their little hearts out for several hours. Right after this picture was taken, my nieces had to start getting dressed for a wedding in San Antonio. Prior to Ike, my sister had been planning to spend the weekend with us anyway in order to go to the wedding. But, wedding or no wedding, I know my sister too well and she would not have risked 5 minutes without electricity. It's just not her nature ....


Her daughter, however, is all about nature. This is J-Bean all dressed for the wedding... I guess she got dressed before anyone else and managed to have time to go climb a tree while waiting on everyone else. Isn't she a cutie? Something tells me she could probably handle a few hours without electricity ...

And here's the family all gussied up and ready to go party in San Antonio. Aren't they pretty?

I know y'all want a better shot of my sister's dress and shoes... She looked HOT if I do say so myself. You would never know she is an Ike evacuee...

In all seriousness, our thoughts and prayers to our neighbors in the Houston/Gulf Coast area. Godspeed.

7 comments:

LivingTheLife said...

I was thinking of you and your family...I know the Hill country had to have some rain and high gusts of wind. I had forgotten your sister and her beautiful family lived in or around Houston...I am so thankful for all of you that they are there with you, Jack and all the animals there at the ranch and out of Ike's evil wrath!

The 3 pups looked pooped, precious and very popular with the girls and each of their siblings! What a reunion that had to be...so much playing and visiting they just "tuckered" out...awww...that means a great night sleep for everyone.

Blessings to all and I am thankful for you and your family that they are safe.

Blessings...
Teresa

justabeachkat said...

I've been thinking of you girl and praying all was good at your home. Great photos!

Sorry I haven't visited in awhile. For some reason (why oh why?), I decided to clean out my master closet, just my side mind you, and somehow it has caused me to do my husband's side and then the two guests rooms too since I stored more of my things in them. Oh Lord...one thing leads to another which leads to another! Anyhoo, I've been bad about my blog reading. It's been fun though catching up with you this afternoon.

Hugs!
Kat

Painted Groove Girl said...

Obviously little sister didn't pack in a rush. Everyone seems perfectly accessorized as we would expect. No rumpled evacuees in this beautiful family...

Hollie said...

hey there! I found your blog through Big Mama'a and wanted to say hi! I love your blog...Your sense of humor makes me laugh.
Beautiful pics of your family.

Theresa said...

I wish I had a nickle for every time I had to drag my youngest daughter out of trees (or off of other climbable things) after we had gotten her all decked out for something!!! No joke, her husband had to order her out of a tree that she was trimming when she was 6 months pregnant with David Riley!!!

Your sis's family looks lovely!

Buffie said...

Hello there! I'm so glad to hear your family is all doing great, so are we! We road it out here in Friendswood, Tx....it was sooo scary but we sustained no damage to our house plus we were only two days without electricity.
Now about those shoes...WOW!!! I love them and covet them, HOT!!!!!

Design Block said...

I really can't stand pictures of myself these days. Everything is sagging horribly. Darn Gravity.