Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Am I coming or going?

Hi y’all. Yes, I know I’ve not checked in for a while, but it’s been kind of nuts around here. You know – when it rains it pours. But hey, I’m gainfully employed, healthy, the dogs are fed, and the lavender is growing, and the creek's not rising. I can’t complain.

While I was away two wonderful things happened! First, my fellow Texan new blogging buddy Buffie sent this award over to me! I have really enjoyed checking in with Buffie, she always makes me smile when I read her posts (most of the time she actually cracks me up and has me rolling in the floor). Thank you, Buffie!

Along with this award comes the following questions:

Do you have the same friends since childhood? I sure do! I mention these girlfriends all the time. In fact, you can click my ‘girlfriends’ label and read about them. Paige and I became friends when I was in 2nd grade and she was in 3rd grade – She’s A LOT older than me! Lisa and I sat next to each other in the 3rd grade and we haven’t shut up since… Sami and I became friends when she moved back to our home town in 6th grade. Kimberly now lives 20 minutes from me, and we’ve been friends since 7th grade. I also have a very special friend, Dara – she’s been my friend since 3rd grade. She is actually in my soul, difficult to explain, but I will someday.

What do you value most about your friends? Well, if you’re referring to my childhood friends, it has to be the fact that it’s just so darn EASY to be their friend. They know and understand everything about me. Literally everything. We can tell stories without having to explain all the background, we can laugh at and with each other, and we all know where each of our quirks come from and why we are the way we are. After all, we've been together since we were babies. These girls mean the world to me; I can’t imagine life without them. They’re my sisters and I love them.

Are your friends sounding boards? Oh yes. Very much so....

What is your favorite activity to share with friends? Rock climbing, hiking, jogging…. I’m totally kidding y’all! If you know my friends and me, you know it’s the polar opposite. I love being with my friends at my house or their house where we can kick back, be comfortable, enjoy some great wine, good laughs, great food, and good stories.

My other new blogging friend, Connie sent me this award, the BFF (Blogging Friends Forever) gold card. How sweet was that? I guess I should be absent from blogging more often... See what all happens while you're away? Connie is living a great life - oh, and she's turning 50! Go check her out! Thank you , Connie – you make blogging great fun and it’s people like you that make me want to keep on doing it!



Now I’m supposed to tag some people for this award, so I’m sending both awards to:
1. Tina over at Am I Crazy, Really? I’ve known her a long, long time. She’s super sweet, funny, and has the best stories ever! Her boys are precious (even when throwing rocks) and are they ever some great producers of good stories for their mama.
2. I have to send this to Painted Groove Girl – she just happens to be one of those childhood friends of mine. I also know that she’s probably going to be mad that I’m sending this to her….. Let’s see if she responds!
3. Teresa over at Living the Life. She does have a wonderful life! She has a wonderful husband, a beautiful family, and just a sweet, sweet heart.
4. My World and Welcome To It Now Theresa isn’t a big fan of being tagged, so I’m going to award her the BFF Gold Card because she deserves it – but, if she wants to play along on the other one, she’s more than welcome to ….

Okay – I’m going to stop there because most of my blogging buddies have already received these awards. Regardless, I’m honored and thanks again Buffie and Connie!

9 comments:

justabeachkat said...

Hi there!

Gosh, I know what you mean. I haven't been by in awhile. Between our trips, my getting the flu and all my company for the breast cancer walk, my life has been c-r-a-z-y!!! Everyone has gone now though and my house is quiet (thank you Lord!). BUT...I'm desperatly trying to get caught up.

Congrats on the awards!

Hugs!
Kat

Connie said...

Hi! You are welcome for the award...I've enjoyed your blog and just met your good friend Paige. I grew up in a military family and moved every 3-4 years so I don't have those long time friends. I do still email my best friend from 5th grade, my best friend of over 20 years lives in Arizona(we see each other once or twice a year and just pick up where we left off), and we moved 7 years ago so those friends of 12 years are my email friends now and I try to go back to town once a year for our annual lunch, and now I have a couple good friends and wonder what it would be like to have lifelong friends(pretty neat....I think). You are blessed! COnnie

Painted Groove Girl said...

Wow Lavender Deb, thanks for the award. I will certainly take it on and answer if I don't have a nervous breakdown today. I'm holding on to my basket with a pinkie fingernail.

Buffie said...

Oh how cool, you got two well deserved awards! Glad you're back to bloggin' a bit too! I love what you wrote about your girlfriends...I feel the same way about mine.

Buffie :)

Boyz3Mommy said...

What a sweet friend you are DebiLu. I sure do love you. It's been way to long since we last saw each other. I'm up for some new ghost stories. Thank you for the award!!

Paige said...

You have been Boo-ed! Go to my blog and follow the rules!

Theresa said...

Thanks so much for tagging me with this award. I do appreciate it! You are so very lucky to have such good friends, and that you have been able to keep those friendships working all these years.

Bridget said...

Isn't it wonderful to feel all the blog love!
I am having another contest. I hope you will join in!
Hugs, Bridget

LivingTheLife said...

OK...I'm a real dunder head...I just now rememebered you gave me this award. I'm not sure if I'm suppose to be getting the first award...where I am to reveal something about my old friends OR if it's the Gold Card one...either way...thanks so much. I'll try to keep on top of my "game" just a tad better than I have been...I'm a little out of sorts these days...and I don't know why. Well, I kind of know why...but there isn't enough time to go into ALL of it at the moment!

Blessings and again, Thanks...
Teresa