Sunday, November 23, 2008

It was a "berry dood pie"(that's a family joke y'all)

Friday evening I bought this:

I choose to think of it as Thanksgiving spirit. I'm simply getting in the spirit of over-eating and over-indulging. It's how I give thanks...

It is now Sunday evening and the pie is gone. Jack had one piece of pie when it thawed out 48 hours ago. We didn't have any company this weekend. So... guess who was left to eat the rest of the pie? In the event you love banana cream pie but not in the mood to make a homemade one, Marie Callender does a darn good job. Marie knows pies.

Oh - and just so I can explain myself better on why I ate an entire pie (minus one slice), it's because I know I'm going to get sick of pumpkin pie later in the week. I had to eat an entire banana cream pie in order to be thankful for pumpkin pie. It's a perfectly normal thing to do.... You know, to give thanks on Thanksgiving.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Ya know, I perfectly understand your logic. I've been known to eat almost a whole pie... It's that siren song calling to us from the refrigerator and we don't want the pie to go bad now, do we? :0} Diane

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Makes sense to me.

Bridget said...

Goodness I don't know if I should thank you for sharing this information or kick you in the butt. lol
I haven't had a banana cream pie in quite a while but now I know I will be looking for this one in the freezer section or maybe I will just have to stop in marie's and get a fresh one. Yum...I see a non-traditional Thanksgiving pie in my future!

Theresa said...

I would have chosen a different pie (I don't do banana ANYTHING!), but I do understand the logic! Maybe you ought to buy separate pies next time, though, so Jack can have more than one piece.

Buffie said...

HAHAHAHAHA! I think that sounds perfectly reasonable!!!

Happy pie eatin'!

Buffie :)

justabeachkat said...

You think the same way I do. LOL Hmmmmm...now you've got me thinking about banana cream pie. You're soooooooo bad!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Hugs!
Kat

Boyz3Mommy said...

I am in 100 percent agreement with you, my dear friend!

Connie said...

I LOVE BANANA CREAM PIE Too! I am looking forward to overindulging on Thursday on Pumpkin pie. Did Jack come looking for a second piece of pie??? I have a giveaway for my birthday over at my blog. Stop on by! Connie