Guess what? Kat from over in paradise at Justabeachkat has passed along this award to me! Wow! I’m honored… It’s also a fun award. What a nice surprise! Okay, I realize I should be at the gym burning off the 5 pies I’ve eaten, but hey – it’s officially the holiday season so I’m going to sit on my tuffet and be merry! And then take a bubble bath or four….
Here are the rules: Copy and paste the rules and instructions in your post. When posting on receiving the award, make sure you include who gave you the award and link it back to them. Post five winners and link it back to them as well. Post five of your addictions. Add the award image. Let your winners know you gave them an award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
(Just )Five of my MANY Addictions...in no particular order:
1. Animals – all animals! I love all creatures great and small. I’m the sucker that everyone knows about…. The person the vet calls first when someone has dumped off a stray animal; the local animal shelter has my number on speed dial. One of these days when I retire, I will dedicate my life to helping animals. I’ll also be that crazy old lady that lives down the lane with 50 cats, 50 dogs, and 40 birds, maybe even an elephant or ten… Oh – one last thing, I don’t kill spiders or bugs. I scoop them up with a dust pan and set them free outside...
2. Bathing – if you’ve read my blog for a while you’ve picked up on this. It is my hobby. Because I’m a professional bather, I was inspired to develop my own bath and body line.
3. Lip gloss – I have over 30 types. I’m trying to figure out why I’ve not developed a lip gloss line yet. Hmmmmm…..
4. Coffee – I drink way too much of it. I know for a fact that I feel better when I’m off the coffee, I just can’t kick it. My friend Sami helped me realize that it’s not actually the coffee I’m addicted to, but the ritual that goes with it. I love waking up to the smell of coffee, sitting in my chair early every morning sipping on a cup and watching the news before starting my hectic day. Of course there’s also nothing better than a cup of coffee and piece of pie in the middle of the day…. As Sami and I say, “let’s have a cuppa-coffee and piece-uh-pi.” It will put your entire life back into perspective. Okay – practice saying cuppacoffee and pieceapi. Cup of Coffee is one word: cuppacoffee; and piece of pie is one word: pieceuh-pi. And pie is not pronounced pye, but pi.
5. My privacy. I know y’all may think this sounds nuts since I have myself wide open and out there on the world wide web. I also have a lot of great friends and enjoy my time with them, as well as a pretty busy social calendar. Perhaps this is why I’m so addicted to my privacy – or perhaps my quiet time is a better way of saying it. Because my life is hectic with a very busy and demanding career , as well as building a body care business, managing a farm, and building a house, my time at home is precious and valuable. I am addicted to it, I just don’t get enough of it!
Thanks, Kat! I enjoyed playing along and am passing along to these fabulous bloggers:
1. Sami at Painted Groove (we share many of the same addictions....)
2. Penny at Always Something by Penny (we're going to save all the animals someday....)
3. Buffie at Buffie’s World (She keeps me laughing; in fact, she cracks me up.....)
4. Connie at Connie's Turning 50! (The big day is only 2 days away!!!)
5. Bridget at My Silly Blog (world traveler, former fellow-Texan, and painter/artist extraordinaire!)