Monday, November 10, 2008

No Mo Mojo

That's right y'all. No mo mojo - or in proper English, I have completely misplaced by creativity. It's gone. I'm just all dried up and boring right now.

Now I know how my ovaries must feel...

I can't bring myself to decorate for Thanksgiving because construction still surrounds us. Yep - we're still under construction, four years and going strong! Can you believe it? I think Loop 410 in San Antonio is making better progress than our house ....


That's just the way it is when you take on too much at one time. So, I'm going to just think about last Thanksgiving when I still had my mojo. Here's a picture of the one and only room that was not under construction, but not completely decorated yet to my liking.... Even with all the construction surrounding us last year, I still managed to have a nice Thanksgiving with all the traditional fare. However, not ONE BIT has changed since last year because I simply have lost my ambition.





I'm going to just look at pictures from last year and not do one thing this year.... Who knows, maybe Santa will leave a beautiful package of mojo under the tree for me. We'll see.

For those of you that are my new friends, you can read this post here on the beginnings of this house project that has become the great money pit. To imagine that I managed to get through high school faster than getting this house finished....

But hey - far be it from me to complain.... I really do love where we live and what we're building - not only in terms of the house we're building, but the life we're building. It's all good.

I'm just in need of some estrogen or something...

7 comments:

Buffie said...

ROFL! I can send ya some of my hormones if that'll help! LOL!

Love that table, it's gorgeous! Anyway we all lose our mo-jo once in a while, it'll come back I promise!

Buffie :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Quit stressing about not decorating... that isn't what the season is for (not really, despite what the media would have you believe)... it's about gratitude which you do have and understand completely. Cut yourself some slack and just breathe...

Diane said...

I can totally relate to how you're feeling and all I can say is just hang in there.

Your table is so beautiful. One of these days, you'll feel the urge to be creative again. :0} Diane

Painted Groove Girl said...

it's the curse of the blue rock

Connie said...

Your table was beautiful last year...I've been thru that construction phase with homes and it's no fun when it lasts forever. I've been in a blogging funk too...too many creative gals out there and it's hard to come up with something interesting all the time. Still enjoy checking in with you...keep posting...Connie

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

When I was a child, we lived in a house that was being remodled for 11 years. Then we moved.
Don't worry about being creative about blogging. They say that if you fill a room with monkeys & typewriters, in a thousand years, you could have the entire works of Shakespeare. With my blog it would be one monkey, 10 minutes.

Penny said...

Hi! My interest in projects waxes and wanes all the time. One time I took me almost two years to hang a new light fixture! Really. I embarrassed myself on that one for sure. LOL
Thanks for coming by my blog. I've had a corporate office staffing firm in Atlanta 26 years now. I never lose the thrill of making matches, but sometimes I really do think I shortchanged myself by not doing something more visual. I love decorating, painting, architecture, the arts. I think you're the same way. We love business, but we love artistic things a whole lot too.
Thank you for wishing me success in living on some acreage someday. When I first started coming to your blog and I said that you're living my life, I really did mean that. You deserve it all, and everything you've accomplished, because you made it happen and you're a very genuine lady.
Hugs, P