Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bob knows taxes...

This is the chaos on my dining room table as we prepare for that glorious time of year known as tax time. Anyway, as I sat here for an entire day last Saturday, I had a visitor the entire time.

It was Bob, our not so longhorn. If you haven't heard the story of Bob, I'll give you a quick update. Bob is the product of an Angus Bull that jumped the fence to Hummingbird Farms.... We apparently have the most beautiful longhorn girls in the county, as all bulls come from far and wide in an attempt to court one of our girls. Bob doesn't have a clue that he's not a longhorn... And of course we're raising him as a longhorn. Bob is also VERY curious and comes up to the house everyday to check out what we're doing.


This is why I can't keep my dining room window clean. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep cow snot off your windows???


Bob hung out with me all day; in fact, he spent so much time watching me work he could probably use a calculator by now.... I'm sure he could at least make file folders. Needless to say, Bob got a thorough tutorial on tax filing. I wonder if Bob is tax deductible?

10 comments:

Bridget said...

ROFLMAO
Merry Christmas Bob! I'm sorry to say (not) I have not had any experience with gtting cow snot off of windows.
Give Bob a big carrot or whatever cows like for Christmas. He's a cutie!
Merry Christmas to you and all the critters.
Hugs, Bridget

Penny said...

OMG you know how much I adore Bob! I say let him come on inside so not to snot up the window. You may be raising him as a longhorn, but he thinks he's a human.
Merry Christmas and may you get a big fat refund cuz I think Bob wants his own room.
XOXO, Penny

The Pampered World said...

That is too cute!!! Hum, turn Bob into a business somehow...then he'll be tax deductible. How about "Where's Bob?" t-shirts? Then his face on the back of the tee?
Happy Holidays to you and your family and thanks for visiting my blog in the past!

Theresa said...

At least the cow snot is on the OUTSIDE of the window!!! We have dog snot/nose prints on every window that Sparky can get to!

An upgrade on The Pampered World's idea: Put Bob's face on the front of the the t-shirt and his tail on the back.

Dawnie said...

I've just spent well over an hour reading your blog. What an inspiring woman you are. I love your home, your wit and strength.

Bob...ROCKS! I would just leave the snot--I cant think of anything my doggie does wrong and even when she booty skitches across the carpet--I assume to wipe her butt....its GREAT!

I am in the process of learning how to make my own body products also...so i just may throw some questions your way.

I hope your holidays were full of joy and peace

Lori said...

Haha. . .how cute is that?? It would probably scare you to death if you weren't familiar with a window peeping cow. That's precious!!

Lori

Paige said...

Merry Christmas! and to you too, Bob! Hugs your way!

Diane said...

OMG, I am so in love with Bob! Looks like he's a bit in love with you & is protecting you from the calculator! ☺♥☺ Diane

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Oh my gosh, Bob is gonna turn me into a vegetarian...he is just about the cutest thing! What's a little cow snot here and there?
:-) Maybe he knows that when your in the dining room, you are usually eating, so he was looking for some table scraps. I think tax forms would have given him indigestion...oh, wait a minute...that's what they give me. :-)
Susan

Holly Lane said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE your blog. You have some of my families favorites. First of all I LOVE lavender. Secondly I grew up on a ranch that raised and still does raise longhorn cattle. Looking at your blog made me homesick;) Finally my husband loves poodles, he had a great big brown one growing up. He is forever disappointed his wife came with a dachshund instead of a poodle;) Can't wait to see more posts!