Friday, January 23, 2009

Look ya'll! Two awards!

During my little absence I have been honored with 2 wonderful awards:



The Polka Dotted Owl over at The Magic Risotto Diaries awarded this to me. This is what is said about this fine award:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to three bloggers who must choose three more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Thank you, Polka Dotted Owl Girl! I love her because she keeps me young and has great music on her blog that takes me back to my hey day... She always has some kind of great 80's stuff playing.


And for the record, I had to look up the defintion of "self-aggrandizement" to be sure that I'm not that.... Is that a college word or what? The definition of self-aggrandizement is 'the act or practice of enhancing or exaggerating one's own importance, power, or reputation. I'm glad to know I'm not that. I mean, I can't be that since I was given this award and everything....

This is how behind I am in blogging ya'll. Not only was Polka Dotted Owl girl so sweet to honor me with this award, but she also honored me with one more:



The Honest Scrap Award, which was also given to me by Paige at Paige's Petals. Thanks, girls! I really enjoy both of your blogs and am honored that you thought about me! Okay, with the Honest Scrap Award comes some rules:

First, choose a minimum of seven blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Secondly, show the seven winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap". Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. Lastly, list at least ten honest things about yourself.


BecauseI have difficulty following the rules, I'm awarding four and combining the two awards together (I'm actually only doing 4 awards because a lot of you have already been awarded):

1. Painted Groove
2. The Pampered World
3. Silver*Moon*Studio
4. Am I Crazy, Really?

Ten Honest Things About Me:



  1. I'm a bather, not a shower-er (does this make sense ya'll?)

  2. I wore braces when I was 36 year old. I now know why braces were meant for 12-year-olds...

  3. I'm quite competitive when it comes to business. Go figure. Although I love being home and lounging about the farm, I will always be involved in running or owning my own business. It just gets my juices flowing for some reason....

  4. I'm eerily claustrophobic.

  5. I hate going to the grocery store.

  6. I consider myself open-minded.

  7. I would rather have one really nice thing than a bunch of trendy/fun things (clothes, jewelry, art, furniture, etc.)

  8. I'm a procrastinator. Give me a deadline and I REALLY procrastinate.

  9. I don't like to read directions. This drives Jack crazy, so he's the direction reader in the family. If I can't figure it out on my own, it must be broken or wrong....

  10. I have feet issues: (a). I don't want anybody's feet touching my feet. Please keep your feet to yourself. I don't want to see them or touch them. (b). I never walk around in bare feet, even in my own house. Walking around in bare feet could easily take me over the edge. (c). The last thing I do every night is put lotion on my feet. My feet can't go under the covers until they're all lotioned up. I sit on the edge of the bed, with my feet never touching the floor, and lotion up... (with Hummingbird No. 145 of course!) Ooops! Was that self-aggrandizement???

So see ya’ll… Not only do I have a ghost, but I’m neurotic to boot! I'm just weird. I might even be a passive aggrandizer...

21 comments:

Diane said...

Congratulations on your awards and loved your list. We seem to share many things in common.
I'm hooked on bubble baths - forget the shower...
I wore Invisalign braces for 4 months last year at the "tender" age of 57... My bite had changed so much that I needed braces to move it back into position, but I never wore them as a kid.
I'm a bit claustrophobic, or maybe more than a bit...
I detest grocery shopping & wait till I HAVE to go.
I'm the most horrid procrastinator you'll ever find.
Well, more info than you probably ever wanted to know about me... ☺

Painted Groove Girl said...

well even if you're passively self-aggrandizing, and have other issues ... many of which you have passed on to me ... let's not forget Mentholatum ... you're also hilarious.

Painted Groove Girl said...

Oh! and thanks for the award.

Penny said...

Good list! We both were braces as adults, and we both have feet issues. LOL I love small spaces so I'm not claustrophobic.

cottage farm villa (cottagecharm) said...

First off, congrats on your lovely awards!

Second, your "feet" thing...is too funny! We all have crazy things about us..... I give you a "ten" for being honest about this one....

~cheryl

Justine said...

Ooops! Was that self-aggrandizement???
Nope, that was self- advertisement, which is a good thing! LOL!

Okay, why the hate of feet so much?

Why only baths? How do you wash your hair? And ya know, I was joking with a friend about this the other day. When you only take a bath, you're basically sitting in your own filth and dead skin cells. LOL!

Justine :o )

LivingTheLife said...

First...Congrats on your awards...and secondly 9 of your 10 most honest things about you...could be ME!! I swear, we may be carbon copies of each other...or maybe we just have issues!! lol...either way...I thought I was reading my own list when I read yours...care to guess which one wasn't me???

OH! and thanks for your ever so kind comment on my blog about our family pictures...you made me feel as happy as our pictures did! I hope by posting those pictures and bragging about my daughters mad photo skills that I wasn't being self aggrandizing...and thanks for looking that one up for us...now I know w/o having to whip out the ole Webster!


Blessings...
Teresa

Lavender Chick said...

Justine - eewww!! Thanks for ruining the highlight of my day (my bath)! Now I'm going to have neurotic thoughts about bathing like I do about feet...

Okay - I wash my hair in the tub with one of those hand-held shower head things that's connected to the faucet. So see - since the last thing I do before I get out of the tub is rinse my hair, I'm kind of washing off all the dead skin cells.... I can't believe I'm talking about this!

justabeachkat said...

Congrats on the awards! Your list was fun to read.

BTW...I need some help with Super Bowl decorations in my formal dining room where we'll be putting the food this year. I've posted some pics of the room. Help!

Hugs!
Kat

Greyeyes said...

Congratulations on your lovely awards!! However, i gotta tell you your list is priceless. I just read it and all i can remember is the feet thing. In Urbanese i'd say, "I feel ya!" I had a Yoga class in school and one day we were going to give foot massages to each other??? GROSS!!! I failed that day, but it was worth the F.
Love your posts, D

Lori said...

Congratulations on your awards. I loved reading your list. Have a great week ahead!!

Stacey said...

An award? Thank you. In honor of the Hollywood award season, let me say....
"I'd like to thank the Academy and all it's memebers (well, that would be you, Debi). I couldn't have done this without the help of so many lovely four-legged critters. You know who you are... Really, I'm honored." (tears of joy, applause, and the music rolls....) Damnit the producer guy just cut off my speech, I still had some really good stuff to say.

Really, thanks, Debi! What fun all this blogging stuff is!

Paige's Petals said...

I like your list too! I also prefer baths every night! I get cold when I take a shower which causes goosebumps while I am shaving, right? You are a hoot!

xoxo

Best, Punchy! said...

Awh sweetie! Congrats on the awards and great list too!

You actually have one over at my place too you know...


Hugs!!!

Best, Punchy! said...

Awh sweetie! Congrats on the awards and great list too!

You actually have one over at my place too you know...


Hugs!!!

Best, Punchy! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridget said...

I'm right there on 4-9 and passive-aggrandization.
I stopped to look it up BEFORE I saw that you included the definition! LOL

Jill said...

Congrats on your awards I have been so bad about posting mine! We have one thing in common I hate feet! I don't like them touching me, near me.. YUCK! My sister Justine will purposly take her shoes off when I am at her house and rub my leg with them.. YUCK! I also ALWAYS have shoes on in the house. Thank goodness for flip flops!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

Oh Brother.....I just left you some more awards....come on by my blog and get them if you would like...

Aleta said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog. Good way to start reading someone's blog when they have to announce something about themselves. The feet thing, I find very interesting! Greg loves to walk with socks on. I prefer keeping my shoes on most of the time. Oh, question, some of my friends put lotion on their feet and then socks on afterwards, so the lotion doesn't get on the sheets.

And ~ Congratulations on your Awards!

The Polka Dotted Owl said...

Awww thanks for the sweet comments:) I have once again tagged you. Go to my blog and check it out:)