Monday, February 2, 2009

On the road again....

Hi ya’ll! I am VERY behind on blogging and want you all to know how much I thank you for stopping by. I only have a few more days to go and I’ll be back home with a weekend upon me so I can get caught up with all of you. I’m in week two of traveling - some for fun, but mostly for business. Here are just a few things that have happened since the last time I checked in:

1. Our web site crashed! Oh yes it did… What luck! And just before Valentines Day. Arrrgh! Our web host was able to put up a temporary page in the meantime….
2. My cousin Travis graduated from the Marines!
3. My nephew turned 16 today… I can’t believe my little groundhog is 16!
4. Some progress has been made on our 224 construction projects… One down, 223 more to go!
5. I’ve been to Los Angeles, San Diego, back home, and now in Dallas for the week.
6. Last, but not least, my husband met a cowboy in the checkout line at WalMart the other day who is in between rodeos and kind of in a transition phase. The next thing I knew he was moving in! Yep, we have us a new roommate. More about this later….

I’ll be checking in soon – Again, I’m sorry for being MIA, but look forward to getting caught up with everyone over the weekend. I’m ready for a day of being couchy and bloggy – my two favorite hobbies right now. Well, next to bubble baths! Too bad I can’t blog from the tub…

12 comments:

justabeachkat said...

I've been a bad blog visitor myself lately so I'm playing "catch up"...yet again. Life gets in the way of blogging sometimes....

Hugs!
Kat

Diane said...

It's good to see a post from you! You've been missed! Congrats to the birthday boy, is he itchin' for his drivers license now? Ooohhhh, a teaser for next time! ♥ Diane

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Blogging from the tub cracks me up. I told my wife that it's a good thing we don't have a laptop because one of use would have it in the bathroom. Some people laugh at the magazine racks we have in there.

Justine said...

It's about time you checked in. Here I am, a new follower and then POOF, she disappears and I've got nothing to read over here. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
But, at least I know it's because you're doing some serious work.

Okay, how does one meet a stranger in the checkout line at Wal-Mart and bring him home to stay? ROFL!!!!!
Justine :o )

Theresa said...

I'm sure you probably could blog from the tub, but it would be a little complicated, and probably expensive. Sitting on the couch is probably the better place.

Glad you are doing okay. Can't wait to hear the story about the cowboy.

Connie said...

We've all been busy lately but glad to see you back. You came out to California at a good time. Temps have been amazingly warm again. Can't wait to see and hear about the cowboy...does he wear the chaps like Pioneer WOman's Marlboro Man?? We need pics! Connie

Painted Groove Girl said...

I certainly hope the two of you are not hacked to death in your sleep....

XoXo, Punchy said...

Hi sweetie! You have been missed! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures....and the cowboy, of course!


Tub blogging???? Wow....

Jill said...

Moving in????? I must hear this story!!!!!!!!!!!! You've got me hanging on a cliff here! do tell!

Greyeyes said...

Wow, yer own personal cowboy. It sounds like you've got your own version of, Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man, J/K But it has to be a good story. And i'd write in the bathtub, but i'd get killed for trying. Then again, i've replaced my keyboard on my laptop twice from Dr Pepper poisoning....LOL
Be Safe, D

The Polka Dotted Owl said...

When you can, you need to skadoodle over to my blog and check out my first ever give away. Since you were the first bloggie to ever comment on my blog, I DID NOT WANT YOU TO MISS IT:)Thanks for being such a great bloggie friend.

Marie said...

Hi Deb,

Jack is a man after my own heart -- I go to In&Out as soon as I get to California, too. As far as Wahoo's, just come to Austin! I actually ate there last night. I prefer the fish tacos at ZuZu's -- I think the tortillas and the beans are better. I had to catch up on your blog. I love the story about your spirit. How amazing that no one knew why she killed herself and you were the one she revealed herself to. Wow.