Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Because I'm trying to blog more often I'm posting meaningless stuff... But it's good stuff!

Okay y'all - I'm really trying to be more consistent with all my blogging stuff. My whole blogging love affair seems to be peaks and valleys. I'm either on the peak and blogging my brains out or I'm in the depths of the valley and totally lost out there in the desert somewhere...


So - with that said, I'm going to start posting stuff. Just any kind of stuff. And speaking of stuff, I have a lot of stuff. As many of you know, we've been under construction for a long, long time. So long in fact that I can't even remember the stuff I have. Most of it has been in storage since 2003. But - today I want to show you something new:






It's my new Hundi Lamp that we just placed above my coveted tub. I had a smaller, little dinky chandelier thing up there before, but it just didn't fit. I'm really proud of how the hundi lamp fits the space.


So - my hundi lamp is is something new, but moving forward I'm going to begin showing you my old things. I'm making a concerted effort to stop buying stuff. I have enough stuff and I want to fall in love again with the stuff I already have. Over the next few weeks as I uncover, unpack, and dust off my old stuff, I will snap a picture and tell you the story behind it. I think I've mentioned to you before that I would rather have one really nice thing than a whole bunch of meaningless things. And boy - do I have a lot of special things AND a lot of stories about those things.... So - stay tuned for stories about my stuff, and of course other good things that might come up in between. In fact, I know I'm going to have an in between story about my friend since 3rd grade. It's good stuff! (I'm just so proud!)




P.S. If you look really closely out the windows, you will see some of my cows. How lucky am I to be able to bathe in my coveted tub with a herd of longhorns outside my windows??? To me, that is living well. As George Strait says, "There's a difference in living and living well." At Hummingbird Farms, I'm living well...

12 comments:

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Okay Deb, now I'm coveting your coveted tub! Love the new light fixture too! Does Bob come by to visit the bathroom window too?

How's the babies?!? ☺

Connie said...

Your tub looks inviting....but don't know if I'd like having the cows looking in at me??? Love the new light! Connie

Hill Country House Girl said...

Great post! and not meaningless at all. Love the tub and the thought of bathing while looking at the Longhorns in our beautiful hill country!!

The French Bear said...

Love the tub and even the Longhorns ...... you are so lucky, I just want a new tub, anything as long as it's new!!! LOL That is a beautiful dreamy lamp to match the tub.
Cheers,
Margaret B

Justine/Justiney/Tiney said...

Your new chandy is beautiful, but to be totally honest, I covet both your tub (story behind that, please?) and your damn moo moos. I need me a cow! Did you name the new longhorn?

Justine :o )

Painted Groove Girl said...

that's so funny. I decided to quit waiting until I had something really earth-shattering to write about before posting a blog!

Great minds think alike. so go checkout my latest posts at www.paintedgroove.blogspot.com

justabeachkat said...

I remember drooling over your tub when you first posted about it. Your new chandy is perfect.

Still drooling....

Hugs!
Kat

LivingTheLife said...

Perfect new light...perfect coveted tub (I'm so getting one of those!) and the perfect song to accompany the post...not to mention the almost perfect man singing it...of course we're the lucky ones to be married to the PERFECT men...right!

I look forward to hearing the stories and seeing all your stuff...gotta love peeking in on others stuff...and boy if you're like me...you've got the stuff!

Blessings...
Teresa

Penny said...

Me likey the coveted tub and your new hundi lamp too. You really are so lucky to have those longhorn views too. Another thing I like a whole whole lot is your blog color purple. It is the perfect color for hummingbird farms. Bet that's why you picked it! *big grin*
Cheers to living well,
Penny

cottage farm villa (cottagecharm) said...

I love this post!! I want to see all your "stuff" and hear the stories!!! .... yes, dear, with longhorns outside your bathing window.....you are INDEED living well!!!

The size of the light fixture is PERFECT!!!
~ Cheryl

Mimi said...

I'm coveting your tub, too! Ohmygosh, what a TUB!

Jill said...

I'm looking forward to hearing your stories. I love the way you write so I could read about anything... :) I love the light over the tub.. I couldn't imagine laying in a hot tub and having a longhorn staring me down.. How cool is that!
Have a great weekend!