Sunday, January 3, 2010

A sidenote to my sappy previous post...

As midnight approached on New Year’s Eve, Lisa shared with us a great tradition of writing on a piece of paper what you want to leave behind and what you hope for in the New Year, and then throwing it into the fire. We all cheered and thought it was just the perfect tradition, one that we should begin doing every year. And of course we also thought it was a great thing to do since we had a roaring fire in the fireplace that Lisa had built. You know – I’ve known her for 35+ years and never knew she was such a great fire builder. How did I miss that? And she even dropped out of Girl Scouts…

Anyway, I scrambled around the house for some paper and pens so everyone could write down their bad memories and invent their good memories for 2010.

But I got a little stuck on the task. I actually said, “But I don’t want to leave anything behind…” And then I realized that was just silly. So, I wrote down that I wanted to let go of dogfights for 2009 (having 6 dogs it happens from time to time), and I wanted to bring in new landscaping for 2010.

Then I realized all the other girls were writing down really deep, well thought out and profound statements. Even things in which they used words like “whilst.”

And then I pondered.

And I pondered some more while trying to think of fancy words and deep thoughts….

Then I thought, Yeah, dog fights and landscaping. Sounds good to me. And threw it in the fire.

Then I put on the Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack and danced the ‘bump’ with Bonnie.


Is something wrong with me?

7 comments:

lisa said...

Sounds like you're back in the swing of things! The 2nd entry was funny!

It seemed like I got alot of credit there. Just for clarification purposes, Kimberly was my partner in fire building (and we did giggle and high five whenever we managed to make a spark).

The tradition of throwing stuff in the fire was actually started by Margaret--who rightfully opted to spend New Year's with her new husband instead of us.

I did, however, drop out of girl scouts :0)

Thanks for a fabulous NYE!!

Diane @ Four Paws and Co said...

Nope - nothing wrong with you at all! They sound like great ideas to me! ☺♥☺

Justine said...

ROFLMAO! OMG, you crack me up. That's the best damn thing you could come up with? Yep, something's wrong with you! Heeheeheeee

Justine :o )

Hill Country House Girl said...

Okay - that's it! We have to meet soon. Sometime in 2010. DO you come into town much?

P.S. We have 6 dogs, too, and I hate dog fights. They are so scary.

I think the depth of your wishes just shows your life is really good!

Greyeyes said...

Dude, I got a new fancy crockpot for Christmas and it was the perfect gift. To that end, I think what you threw in the fire was absolutely fabulous! Sometime if you remember, in your best Forrest Gump voice, give Lisa the old "Hey" for me. Y'all be cool, D

Vickie said...

Nope, I think you had some perfect things to get rid of! Sometimes we need to just keep it light.

I'm enjoying my lavender lotion and bath gel. It makes for a huge ginormas bubble bath. It was trying to overflow the tub. I smelled sooooo good!

Deb said...

sounds like your the cool one of the group...I mean come on the bump...that's a classic...