Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Holy Moly! Snow!


Some of you reading this from up north might be thinking, snow? Big deal? Who cares? You are probably even really sick of snow by now. But snow in the Hill Country is a rare occurrence and a BIG deal.


So while I was in San Antonio sloshing around in the rain mixed with occasional sleet, Jack was frolicking with his poodles at Hummingbird Farms enjoying the beautiful snow.

To add to my misery, he kept sending me these pictures on my blackberry....


Our calves, Bell and Buddy Holly got to see their first snow and I missed it! I'll have to be sure and include this picture in their baby books.....

7 comments:

The Lone Star Queen said...

Hill country looks good in snow! Amazing that it snowed that far south. That's a cute poodle.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

I know what you mean about the snow. I have never seen so much snow in central MS in my life. Never in the last half of Feb for sure. I can honestly say I will be so glad for spring to get here.

Your animals look great and enjoying the snow.

Justine said...

No!!!! That sooooooooo sucks that you were out of town for the snow! Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Man, I want those damn cows. They're so cute! Do you pet them all the time? I would!

Justine :o )

Susan S. said...

Girl...I feel your "pain", but at least the Fur Babies got to play in the White Stuff. I think I'm Snow Teflon.....when I head up North to visit and see snow...it doesn't snow THERE, but it will snow in Houston. In Early December I took a cruise to the tropics and while we were gone it SNOWED in Houston....WAHHHH...! Since the weather's been SO weird lately, maybe you'll see SNOW again and in person...soon!

Deb said...

glad yall got it this time..had enough when we got it the week before...great photos..

Theresa said...

I would gladly ship you some of ours if I could figure a cost-effective way to do so! At this moment, I have about 18" in my back yard from the last two snow storms. AND that's after some melted when our temperatures hit a balmy 38 degrees.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Sorry you missed the snow. I would like to miss it for a bit.

Cute pics.