Saturday, January 15, 2011

Why Lavender Chick, how do you keep your boots standing so tall? And – didn’t Nikki Sixx always wear cowboy boots?

I had a list of things to accomplish today. Remember my last post where I claimed to be all ambitious by getting my Christmas decorations put away? Well – I got a little distracted and a week later I’m deciding to tackle the project again.

BUT…..

It’s a cold and rainy day and for some reason sitting by the fire and reading sounds so much more pleasing. So – I probably won’t get much done today except for hollering for Jack when it’s time to put another log on the fire.

As I type this, I am taking a brief break from my book and Jack is now reading his book. So what are we reading?

WELL….

Jack is reading a book about George Washington because he’s just smart like that.

I’m reading a book about Nikki Sixx and Motley Crue because I’m just cool like that.

Because – you know, opposites attract and we’re just good like that.

AND….

Since I don’t want to feel like I’ve wasted an entire day reading a book about Nikki Sixx (which is REALLY good), I will share this bit of Lavender Chick wisdom:




You have just stepped inside my closet in which you see my boots standing oh so tall.  How do they do that?

Well, take a look inside the boot.  What is that inside of there?

No... I'm not stashing booze inside my boots.  I'm recycling empty wine bottles by using them to hold up my boots. 

Because this is what they do otherwise.  They just flop over. 

Y'all have a great day and hope you have enjoyed this helpful hint.  I am getting back to my very good book.  I can't seem to put it down. 

I also have a feeling that Nikki Sixx probably stashed other things in his boots for other reasons.... 


9 comments:

Terry M Scott (AKA Terry Mann) said...

Hope you are having some wine while reading that book by the fire, you never know when yo'll get more boots!

Laura said...

That's a great tip.
All of my boots are flopping as I write.

It sounds like you have a wonderful Saturday!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Mom said...

Deb, I think this is a great idea! Who but you would think of such a thing?....I also think it would be a good idea to use full bottles of wine in case you get thirsty in the night you would'd have to go all the way to the bar!!
And by the way, who in the hell is Nikki Sixx?
Love you,
mom

Kat said...

Great idea!!!

Girl, I thought you weren't blogging anymore so I deleted you from my list. I thought you were another of my friends who switched to only doing facebook and didn't plan on blogging again. I saw you commented on another blog today and decided to check out your blog. So glad I did. Happy to see you ARE still blogging.

Hugs,
Kat

Painted Groove Girl said...

Great idea!!! Now on the subject of books, I agree! The Motley Crue book was fabulous. The next must read is Slash's book about Guns n Roses. It's really, really good.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Good thing the bottles are empty. Athlete lips is a tough affliction to cure.

Theresa said...

I'll have to pass this idea along. My manager was complaining about her boots getting a permanent crease from flopping over in her closet.

Leontien said...

Yep works like a charm!

Thanks
Leontien

www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

texasknights said...

That is great!!!! Long long time since I was around your neck of the woods (in internet land). I have not been around the bloggy world for a while but I do love stopping by! Did your lovely lavender get white dustings today? :)