So I thought I would actually do a post about Thanksgiving. Heck – why not? It is Thanksgiving Eve after all. Of course some may think Thanksgiving is now old news, being that we somehow have skipped this holiday and jumped right to Christmas.
I’m still not sure when or why we began shopping for Halloween in August, Thanksgiving in September, and then pretty much skipping right over to Christmas before all the pumpkins have even been harvested from the fields. As a child I don’t ever remember decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. In fact, it was always kind of a rule that we didn’t. At least I always thought it was the rule….
Now I have been known to leave my Christmas decorations up until Elvis' birthday.
Like I said, to each his own. I'm thankful I don't judge. Or that no one judges me….
So hear it goes, my many blessings and what I am thankful for on this Thanksgiving Eve (and not in order of priority):
- I’m thankful for my immediate and extended family’s health and mine. We all survived another year and believe me, it was a little touch and go there for a bit. We had two Life-Flights out of the farm this year!
- I’m thankful for the privilege of living at Hummingbird Farms.
- I’m thankful that as a nation we still have our freedom and as of today, for the most part, are protected by The Constitution. Most of all, I’m thankful for those that have fought and are currently fighting to allow us those freedoms.
- I am thankful I have many wonderful friends, and especially thankful for those whom I have had most of my life so I don’t have to explain so much to them. They just know….
- I’m thankful that I am an animal lover because they bring me so much joy in such an unconditional way.
- I’m thankful for shelter when I am cold, food when I am hungry, and water when I am thirsty.
- I’m thankful for my husband, my rock.
- I’m thankful I still have both my parents and sisters that know me better than anyone.
- I’m thankful I know how to roast a fantastic turkey.
- And – just because it’s okay to be thankful for frivolous stuff (and I am human after all), I am thankful for the absolutely, most wonderful birthday gift that my husband gave me this year. I had always wanted it, never thought I would get it, and it makes me feel very special everyday that I wear it.